The Science of Body-Mind-Spirit
What you'll learn
- Define Body-Mind-Spirit in practical scientific terms.
- Apply Healthy Posture & Movement Mechanics to Support the Biology of the BODY.
- Use Mindful Intention & Positive Affirmation to Improve the Neurology of the MIND.
- Breathe Deep Focused Breath to Change the Chemistry of Your SPIRIT.
- Practice Body-Mind-Spirit Science to Increase ENERGY.
- ACHIEVE INSTANT WELLNESS with Body-Mind-Spirit Medicine.
- Grab your favorite pen or pencil. Extra credit is offered to those who use fancy colors and novelty pens. You learn and remember best what you write down, so we encourage you to take notes. And yes, doodles count.
- Make sure you print out the handouts and resources for each section. These handouts help you take notes. What you write down you learn and remember better. We'll give you the answers as we go along.
- You will NOT NEED a college, or high school, or even middle school understanding of science. We will be reviewing basic science that is common curriculum in third and fourth grade. That’s elementary school, Watson.
- You will NOT NEED a yoga mat. We will NOT try any yoga poses or sequences, and certainly not those pretzel bendy stupid human tricks. You can leave your matchy-matchy cute outfits in the closet too. Bathrobes are welcome!
- You will NOT NEED a Sanskrit/English dictionary or translation tool. We will not be speaking any foreign languages or quoting any ancient scriptures. In fact, you will learn some of the most basic of yoga terms in the simplest of terms.
- You will NOT NEED any special tools such as crystals, or essential oils, or pendulums, or other "stuff" often required for alternative healing.
We hear the catch-phrase "body-mind-spirit" everywhere. We know it is connected to optimal health and wellness, but HOW? Do we REALLY understand what it means on a practical every day level? More often than not, these terms evoke a sense of spirituality and esoteric wisdoms that make you feel like your head is floating up in the clouds. Many people shy away from yoga and other forms of alternative healing simply because the concept of body-mind-spirit seems too “woo woo.”
This course defines Body-Mind-Spirit in simple and practical terms by going back to basic grade-school science class and remembering about the body’s basic functions. We will explore the:
- BIOLOGY of the BODY in your bones, muscles, blood and breath.
- NEUROLOGY of the MIND in your electrical impulses along nerve pathways.
- CHEMISTRY of the SPIRIT in your ever-changing moods and hormones.
Once you understand how body-mind-spirit works as a science, you can work it as a medicine to achieve INSTANT WELLNESS. When you put your BODY into alignment, focus and clarify your thoughts in your MIND, and breathe from your SPIRIT, everything, absolutely EVERYTHING in life works better. Your body works better, your mind thinks clearer, and your mood feels happier. You will leave this class with an understanding of Body-Mind-Spirit as simple and practical science that you can apply to your everyday!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has dabbled in Yoga, Reiki, Healing Touch, Tai Chi, QiGong, BioFeedback, Chiropractics, Energy Healing, and other Body-Mind-Spirit Healing Modalities.
- Energetics Enthusiasts. If you are someone who enjoys alternative forms of healing and wellness such as acupuncture, chiropractics, yoga, tai chi, qigong, reiki, and more, this class gives you a whole new perspective.
- Energy Healers. Whether you practice Reiki, Healing Touch, BioFeedback or another form of energy healing, this course illustrates the science behind the healing in easy to understand language.
- Alternative Health Care Providers. As a chiropractor, massage therapist, acupuncturist, or other alternative health care provider, this course helps you explain to your patients WHY you keep telling them to stretch and try yoga.
- Fitness Professionals. If you are a personal trainer, fitness instructor, or sports coach trying to get your athletes to cross-train with yoga this class give you the scientific language to make the ancient teachings of yoga accessible to your clientele.
- Mindfulness Teachers. If you teach mindfulness or meditation techniques, this course offers simple language to ground your teachings in science.
- Mental Health Professionals. If you know your clients would benefit from yoga this course explains how yoga works from a practical and scientific perspective. This course may also help you understand what is going on inside your client’s brains and bodies when they feel out of control.
- Yoga Teachers. This course will help you understand how to reach those students who are skeptical of the spiritual woo-woo of yoga by using practical scientific terms.
- Yoga Students. Whether you are new to yoga or have worn out more than your share of mats, this course offers a unique perspective to the ancient practice.
- Body-Mind-Spirit. If traditional medicine has failed you, and you are hesitant to try alternative healing, this course helps you bridge the gap between science and spirit.
TeriLeigh holds Bachelor's Degrees in Creative Writing and Literary Studies and a Master's Degree in Teaching from Beloit College. With emphasis on clear communication, best practices in education, practical skills application, and effective learning strategies, TeriLeigh has been teaching, speaking, and presenting since 1991. Since that time, she has taught over 20,000 hours of classes, totaling over 200,000 students in more than 20 states nationwide. She has experience in teaching the following subjects to a wide variety of audiences: English, communication, public speaking, self-awareness, mindfulness, body mechanics, spirituality, yoga, yoga instruction, symbolism, and the natural elements.
A master yoga teacher, TeriLeigh has led yoga teacher trainings in several states. She has guest instructed yoga classes and presented specialty workshops in over fifty studios across America. She maintains a podcast of her live classes for listeners all over the world. With over 10,000 logged practice hours on her yoga mat, TeriLeigh is a dedicated student to the practice. She practices by herself daily, studying the effects of body mechanics, breath, mental intention on the experience of life, having become a master in the science of mind-body-spirit alignment from both the physiological and energetic perspectives.
TeriLeigh attended her first self-awareness workshop at age ten. She attended multiple programs and trainings in intuitive development, spirituality, and personal growth throughout her teens, many through the avenue of Unity churches. She is a Reiki Master and went through an intensive shamanic elder initiation with the Dagara Tribe of Burkina Faso West Africa. She specializes in teaching the integration of the healing properties of the natural elements (earth, water, fire, nature, mineral) to the general public through corporate training, yoga instruction, and self-awareness and body mechanics workshops.