The robot workshop- Building assets in Affinity Designer
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 25 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to properly build a customizable asset pack in Affinity Designer for use or sale
- How to create a concept kit for use in Affinity Designer using your own custom built materials
- How to find textures for use in robot style projects around the house, and how to prepare them for use in projects
- How to make both pixel and vector based brushes in Affinity Designer for Sci-fi elements like lasers and muzzle flash
- A basic working knowledge is recommended, but not required we show the technique along the way
- A computer loaded with the latest version of affinity designer ,we are using 1.6 in this course for example
This course is for designers and creators that are looking for a way to quickly and easily create designs in a variety of applications, or for those looking for an additional product to add to our offering in our online store. Asset packs and concept kits provide quick and reliable ways to test multiple ideas without having to redraw and redesign after each new idea strikes.
As a tattoo artist for 20 years, I know the pain of a client asking for just one more revision, “We just need to change it from a purple rose into a blue daisy…..that’s simple right?”. And as a T-shirt designer you do not have all day to be making art when you really need to be selling shirts. This course is the answer. We have engineered this course to show you how to create (From the ground up) a fully functioning asset pack revolving around 1 concept…..ROBOTS.
We take you through building a 2-D robot customizable asset pack AND the construction of a complete concepting KIT for a more realistic Sci-fi style robot. These tools will allow you to create quicker, modify the design easier and create an asset that you could put up for sale as part of your product line.· Included in the course you will build out a complete asset pack for use in a 2-D flat image robot
We will show you how to construct each shape of the 2-D robot, teach you how to lay it out properly for creation of a reusable asset, and teach you proper structuring for recoloring the shapes in a variety of colors , this will save you valuable by having a prefabricated base of shapes to pull from each time you make a character
We give you the COMPLETE research process that I use to develop robots , and teach you how to pull colors and create pallets from the reference images to give your robots a pleasing appearance, even if you don’t know anything about color theory, this assures your robots are correctly and beautifully colored, and best of all….WE GIVE YOU 7 color pallets to get started to get you up and going right away
We teach you how to export and structure the asset pack to support a professional workflow, allowing you to create in an order that is native to how your brain works…no more flipping back and forth between documents.
We teach you how to create your own fully rendered set of vector brushes pulled from your own imagination and then apply 3-D effects and textures created by you……..at the end you have a complete robot of shapes to utilize in many different ways to get those projects out faster.
We teach you textures pulled from everyday objects around the house using only a smartphone….and then show you how to properly treat them to recolor and export them
We give you a step by step instruction to create sci-fi lasers and muzzle flashes…….so you can create your own unique brushes to accessorize your robot….and the best thing is….we include the brushes to get you up and moving
Why 7th Season Studios?
With over 20,000 students in the illustration space, 7th Season studios knows how to teach digital art …. but don’t just listen to us……listen to what other students are saying about the other courses we teach here on udemy
“I just wanted to share my appreciation for this course. I'm totally engrossed and loving every minute of it. Your presentation style and the course structure and content are excellent,”- Jeremy.
· “definitely a top teacher in his style”-Michael
What will you achieve when you complete the course?
· Aside from confidence in your abilities and getting to know the software, you will receive the complete robot pro pack from 7th season studios…..PLUS you would have made it , at the end of the course you will have
A complete 2.5 illustration
A complete texture pack
A complete brush pack
A complete pack of various pallets
· What support is available
· We answer questions through the entire journey, so there is someone with you every step in case you get stuck
- Designers or T-Shirt artists using Affinity designer looking for a way to create high quality graphics quicker
- Designers and tool makers looking to learn how to create asset packs for sale or sharing with other Affinity Users
Just a simple description of how to use the course
Navigate to the 2-D and the 3-D portion of the course to find what you need
Learn how to make a swatch pallete from existing images
Learn how to customize the number of colors in your pallete
Learn how to export palletes for sharing and use
Know the difference between an application and a document pallete
Learn to make arms and legs that can be animated if you choose
Learn how to make them stand out from the geometry of the body portion
Apply accessories to balance out the design created
Adjust the layering of the shapes to convey structure
Balance the design elements to convey a sense of functionality