Enterprise Risk Management
What you'll learn
- Understand the terms related to risk management
- Implement the basic risk management program for a project or operation
- Participate in risk management sessions with good understanding of risk management
- No previous knowledge of risk management is expected.
- No software requirements or prerequisite knowledge necessary
Note: Students who complete this course have an option to apply for the certification exam by Quality Gurus Inc. and can achieve the Verified Certification from Quality Gurus Inc. It is optional and there is no separate fee for that.
This course teaches the concepts of Risk Management in a simple to understand language. In addition to the basic definition and fundamental concepts related to Risk Management, this course also teaches how to implement Risk Management in an organization.
Five steps of managing risk include: Planning for Risk Management, Identifying Risks, Analyzing Risks, Planning Risk Response and Implementing, and Monitoring and Controlling Risks.
Identified risks are recorded in the risk register. These risks are analyzed using quantitative or qualitative techniques. One qualitative technique which is commonly used is the Probability and Impact Matrix. I have explained this easy to use in detail in this course.
I have also included a template for Risk Register, which can help you get started with the implementation of Risk Management in your organization.
Risks could be negative or positive (opportunity). What are the approaches to address positive and negative risks?
ISO 9001:2015 requires Risk-Based Thinking to be applied to all processes.
What is covered in this course?
Section 01: Introduction to Risk Management
A Defining Risk
B Risk vs. Issue
C Risk Appetite and Tolerance
D Defining Risk Management
E Risk Management Principles
F Application of Risk Management
Section 02: Five Simple Steps
A Plan Risk Management Risk
B Identify Risks
C Analyze Risks
D Plan and Implement Risk Responses
E Monitor and Control Risks
Section 03: Conclusion
A Risk Register
B Risk Based Thinking
C Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
What are other students saying about this course?
The course is really helpful. It gives a comprehensive picture of ERM and has specific examples so I can understand it easily. (5 stars by Hoa Thi Tran)
The course was a good match for me based on the task which I am currently doing. (5 stars by Suzan Shuma)
Overall, it’s a great concept refresh exercise to listen in and get pointers on practices that we forget or don’t execute on our projects. (5 stars by Omar Mendez)
Very well structured presentation. (5 stars by Chigozie Okonkwo)
Clear and succinct introduction to risk management which can be immediately applied to your workplace. The study notes are great! (5 stars by Phua Li Ern Eleanor)
What are you waiting for?
This course comes with Udemy's 30 days money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the course, get your money back.
I hope to see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for people who are new to risk management.
- ISO 9001 2015 is introducing the concept of Risk Based Thinking. This has created an interest in Risk Management especially amonst senior management, quality managers and people associated with quality management.
- The concept explained in this course are applicable to any industry or area
- Employees in financial, medical, technology, research, military, insurance or other industries subjected to risk.
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA, NAHQ - CPHQ
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on several projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After the successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• NAHQ-CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional