The 'Reality' course for Designing VR Learning Experiences
What you'll learn
- Why and where VR works for learning?
- Where does it fit in an organization's learning strategy?
- What are the key considerations for identifying VR learning use cases?
- How to effectively design a VR learning experience?
- What is the recommended process for a VR learning development project?
- What is the current VR technology landscape and which options best serve VR learning delivery needs?
- How to approach VR learning development and what are some of the key deployment and implementation aspects?
- Intermediate L&D or Instructional Design experience / knowledge.
- Recommended completion of the course, 'Designing an L&D Strategy to power Digital Transformations' (especially for learning strategists).
For Virtual Reality (VR) to be effective in a learning context, the design of the learner experience needs to take centerstage. This course helps you to dive beneath the powerful VR technology hype to define its learning impact and relevance, application scenarios, learner experience design framework, and all other supporting information you would need to successfully identify, design, and execute VR learning projects. Participants will walk away with a starter kit of downloadable job aids and resources, which will equip them to begin shaping VR learning projects within their individual contexts.
Note: This course continues the learning from my first course: 'Designing an L&D Strategy to power Digital Transformations.' Virtual Reality is a key learning tech strategy that enables the 10 or formal learning component of the 70-20-10 learning strategy we discuss in that course.
Given its immersive and experiential learning format, Virtual Reality is a powerful learning tech strategy for difficult and high-risk skill development in a digital context. Experiential Skill Labs using VR deliver both learning effectiveness and quick results.
To learn more about the 70-20-10 learning tech strategy and its significance in a digital transformation context, check out the course: 'Designing an L&D Strategy to power Digital Transformations.
PS: The Reality course for Designing VR Learning Experiences is rated 8.7/10 (top 20%) on Coursemarks, the Trustpilot of Online courses!
Who this course is for:
- Instructional Designers
- Learning Strategists
- Learning Tech /Ed Tech Enthusiasts
* 20 years as a Learning & Talent Enabler, Strategist, Innovator & Leader-Coach, envisioning, setting up & managing L&D verticals, roles & solutions in global organizations, such as Hewlett Packard & GE Capital.
* Track record of transforming the enablement process across functional, technical, leadership development & behavioural domains to deliver performance impact, speed & consistency in both Product & Services organizations.
* 1700+ hours of coaching entrepreneurs, senior executives & professionals to achieve their business, leadership, productivity & personal goals.
* Professionally trained & qualified as an Education technologist, Instructional/Learning Designer, Executive Coach, Green Belt - Six Sigma | In Designing & Implementing Assessment Development Centres (Competency Frameworks), Situational Leadership, Leading by Action & Coaching, Building Essential Leadership Skills.