The React Testing Library Bootcamp - The Developer Guide
What you'll learn
- Learn the importance's and power of testing your React application
- Learn the best practices when writing tests with RTL and Jest
- Test real life application with a test driven development approach
- Deal with difficult problems like nested queries and mocking HTTP requests
- The basics of React
React testing library is the most popular tool to test your React application. It is extremely simple and intuitive to use but the outcomes are very powerful. It helps increase confidence in your React application and thus when it is shipped to production, your end-users will have a bug-free experience. This course will teach you everything you need to learn to start utilizing this popular library. So hope on in and enjoy the ride.
What you will learn
- The best practice of how to test with React Testing Library
- The importance of testing
- Testing component that make HTTP requests
- Mocking requests with Mock Service Worker
- Finding the right element in your component
- Dealing with the context API in your tests
You don't just code along in this course, but you also apply what you learn with engaging course assignments. After learning a concept, you will then be prompted to use what you learned in a coding challenge. These coding challenges will help you internalize React Testing Library in your mind. It is highly recommended to actually do the challenges rather than treating them as a code along.
I will always do my best to answer any questions in the Q&A section of the course. You can also reach out to me on YouTube or Twitter.
Who this course is for:
- This course if for React developer that want to learn how to test their app
I am a software engineer at Prodigy Education and an instructor on YouTube. I helped thousands of individuals learn tech with my instructional videos. I have over 3 years of experience in the industry and thus have accumulated tons of knowledge about software development. I am excited to be your next instructor!