Microsoft Excel Step by Step Training for Beginners!
What you'll learn
- Basic controls – Opening Excel, Navigation, Scrolling Zooming
- A Quick Glimpse of the Power of Excel – Full Table Design, fill handle, Autosums, Basic Formula’s, Formatting, Wordart, Status Bar
- The Quick Access Toolbar – Productivity Tool, Keyboard Shortcuts
- Cell and Sheet Control – Cell Inputting, Table Navigation, Formatting Cells, Copying and Pasting, Fonts, Row and Column Manipulation, Sheets, Screen Tiling
- “If” function – Logic Functions, “If” Formula, “And” Formula, “Or” Formula
- Charts and Graphs – Line Graphs, Scatter Plots, Column Charts, Pie Graphs, Trend Lines
- Images and shapes – Inserting Images, Print Screen, Grouping, Cropping, Brightness, Contrast, Colouring, Resizing, Rotation, Frames
- Cleaning and Preparing a Table for Presentation – Spellchecker, Search and Replace, Text Cleaning, Pasting Types, Sort and Filter, Freeze Panes, Custom Borders
- How to Print like an Artist – Page Views, Setting Print Area, Paper Size, Orientation, Print Margins, Scaling, Headers and Footers, PDF Print, Printing
- Life Management Tools – Custom designed spreadsheets to assist in planning holidays, Finances and Dinner!
- Microsoft Excel 2007 or later
- Access to a computer
- Access to the internet
- Pdf file reader (Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, etc. This should come standard with your computer)
- No prior Excel knowledge required
- Access to computer and internet
- Paper and pen to take notes
WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
- Are you a business professional needing to up-skill?
- Are you struggling to get a pay-rise and/or promotion?
- Are you a recent graduate with an empty looking resume and no job experience?
- Have you recently been laid off, fired or had a contract end?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the above then having “Expert Microsoft Office Skills” will get you closer to your goal of either landing your first job, a new job or progressing further in your current role. Here's why.
The job market has never been more volatile. Statistically, people are changing jobs more often now than they ever have before and that also means people are also losing jobs to newcomers who are far more skilled. So if you’re not up-skilling, you’re falling behind. It’s scary I know. I’ve experienced this myself.
A study released by Microsoft and the IDC showed that among 14.6 million job postings, proficiency in Microsoft Office was ranked 2nd as the most desired skills by employers leading up to 2020. Microsoft Office proficiency ranked higher than Project Management skills, Sales Experience, Time Management, Analytical Skills, Interpersonal Skills and Work Ethics.
This is because we live in the digital age, meaning employers are looking for proficient data handlers who process data faster, are more data-organised and can communicate effectively via digital channels. These are skills everyone should have no matter the discipline because they are transferable skills. It makes you more adaptable and more valuable in the long-term. This brings us back to Microsoft Office. It is the oldest, most well-known, most affordable and most trusted data management tool available and hence everyone uses it. So to be noticed and taken seriously in your job or job application, proficiency in these programs is compulsory.
ONLINE TRAINING AND THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS
One of the most common problems with online learning content is that there is so much of it now and it’s difficult to know where to start or who to turn to. Many go the YouTube route and piece together videos from hundreds of tutorials from hundreds of tutors hoping to become an expert at the end of it all. This simply won’t happen and will just waste your time.
Many take the route you’re about to take, they decide to enroll in an online training course. Many charge hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars for their courses which is simply unaffordable for university students, recent graduates, the unemployed or those looking for a career change. That is the reason why I have decided to keep this course as low as possible even though I’m offering substantially more content than most of my competitors here on Udemy.
COURSE DELIVERY STYLE
I have been using Microsoft Office for over 20 years. I know the in’s and out’s and the simplest ways of doing things. My delivery philosophy is simple, if I can’t get a 6 year old to follow along and understand, than I’m not teaching correctly. I hate complicated language and so do you. Nobody likes trainers who focus on impressing rather than teaching and giving value to students. That is also why my lecture videos are as short as can be and divided into small sections for easy consumption. So you won’t get unnecessary chit chat or nonsense. I also assume that all my students are near-sighted and as such, I use a special software tool that allows me to draw on the screen to show exactly what I’m about to press as well as zoom in on small area’s so you don’t miss a thing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
In this course I'll take you from knowing nothing about Microsoft Excel to being able to use formatting options, the quick access toolbar, table navigation, row and column control, IF functions, line graphs and charts, image control and artistic effects, text editing features, printing setup and much more!
- Member of the Udemy Council
- Co-Founded Paperclip Learning which teaches Microsoft Office
- Over 60,000 students
- Over 130,000 enrollments
- Over 5,000 Positive Reviews
- Over 20 courses on Udemy
Teaching is my passion and my creative outlet. I have been using the Microsoft Office package since I was a child and have been using it consistently throughout my life. My teaching experiences span from teaching primary school students, high school students, university graduates and business professionals. Professionally, I am trained in Aerospace Engineering, Database Design and Business Analytics.
Yu Hui Jun Yu - The courses are simply amazing and I can learn them rapidly. The hints presented were also very useful. I like the 'mini-lesson' format. Fast and efficient. The instructor's direction is very detailed and easy to understand. I can immediately start using this program. Thanks!
Narayanan Krishnamoorthy - Perfect and to the point...the instructor doesn’t waste time and gets to the point quickly!!
Lala Darchinova - I've been looking for this kind of course for ages! And finally I find it. Short, comprehensive and absolutely interesting! Thank you for the work you are doing.
Spencer Berkman - Extremely knowledgeable and clear on instructions.
E Frank - Simple to learn techniques and instructor made it all really easy. Thank you!
Parth Gandhi - I learned techniques in a very short time...no need to google and waste time finding the perfect approach
Who this course is for:
- This course has been designed for the absolute beginner. Never touched Microsoft Excel before? Then you’ve found the right place.
- If you’re intermediate or expert and want to freshen up on the fundamentals, no problem, come on in!!
- People from any country
- People of all ages
- If you're only going to take a small part of the course, then this is not for you. To experience the full effect, you must take the full course
WHAT UDEMY HAS SAID ABOUT MY COURSES:
'We looked at some data + feedback from your courses and found you ranked in the top group of instructors on Udemy! Students love taking courses from instructors they trust'
'Jed Guinto is something of an Udemy wunderkind. 'There are all-stars, such as Mr. Guinto, who do well by any metric'
WHAT MY STUDENTS SAY ABOUT ME:
Yu Hui Jun Yu - The courses are simply amazing and I can learn them rapidly. The hints presented were also very useful. I like the 'mini-lesson' format. Fast and efficient. The instructor's direction is very detailed and easy to understand. I can immediately start using this program. Thanks.
Narayanan Krishnamoorthy - Perfect and to the point...the instructor doesn’t waste time and gets to the point quickly/
Lala Darchinova - I've been looking for this kind of course for ages! And finally I find it. Short, comprehensive and absolutely interesting. Thank you for the work you are doing.
Spencer Berkman - Extremely knowledgeable and clear on instructions.
E Frank - Simple to learn techniques and instructor made it all really easy. Thank you.
Parth Gandhi - I learned techniques in a very short time...no need to google and waste time finding the perfect approach.
Jed Guinto has an academic background in Aerospace Engineering, System/Database Design, Computer Programming and High Density Data Analysis. He has an Advanced Diploma in Aerospace Engineering, a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering with Honours and a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management. He has been trained by some of the brightest and innovative minds in Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Mechanical and Computer Engineering in the world.
In 2011 he traveled to Augsburg, Germany as an Aerospace Engineer and performed Structural Strength Analysis on aircraft's such as the Airbus A320, A330, A340, A350 and the Boeing 747 and developed his programming and automation skills.
In 2012 he returned to Australia to tutor and mentor underprivileged and disadvantaged school students in physics, english, biology, chemistry and mathematics.
From 2013-14 he was employed by Ford Motor Company as the Asia Pacific and Africa Tooling Systems Engineer. Programs and Databases he developed have been utilized in several countries. During this time, he began teaching Excel online.
In 2015, he was awarded the ARC Discovery Grant Scholarship to pursue his study into Nonlinear Vibro-Acoustics for aircraft carbon-composite applications. Part of experience involved working under former NASA Ames Senior Research Engineer Dr. Jon Watmuff in teaching Computational Engineer Analysis methods to undergraduate students. Surveys from the students he taught had a satisfaction rating of 94%.
In 2016, he founded Paperclip Learning which teaches Microsoft Excel online.
In 2017, he worked at Careers Training Group, an organisation focused on Aged Care and Early Childhood training. His main role was to develop analytic systems to connect people with technology.
In 2018, he was recruited by Toyota Australia as part of the Takata Airbag Recall Program; the largest safety recall in automotive history. There he developed the tracking system which manages all recall activities and introduced Business Analytics and Cloud Technology.