The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Applications
- 25 hours on-demand video
- 72 articles
- 47 downloadable resources
- 70 coding exercises
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Go from a total beginner to a confident Python programmer
- Create 10 real-world Python programs (no toy programs)
- Strengthen your skills with bonus practice activities throughout the course
- Create an English Thesaurus app that returns definitions of English words
- Create a personal website entirely in Python
- Create a mobile app that improves your mood
- Create a portfolio website and publish it on a real server
- Create a desktop app for storing data for books
- Create a webcam app that detects moving objects
- Create a web scraper that extracts real-estate data
- Create a data visualization app
- Create a database app
- Create a geocoding web app
- Send automated emails
- Analyze and visualize data
- Use Python to schedule programs based on computer events.
- Learn OOP (Object-Oriented Programming)
- Learn GUIs (Graphical-User Interfaces)
In this course you will need to have Python and an IDE installed. This lecture explains that in more detail.
Strings, integers, and floats the three most fundamental types of objects in Python. Learn how they behave and how to create instances of them.
Lists are one of the fundamental compound datatypes. Learn about lists in this lecture.
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- No prior knowledge of Python is required.
- No previous programming experience needed.
The Python Mega Course is the most practical course you will find on the web today. This is the course where you will learn to build actual desktop programs, web applications, and even mobile apps entirely in Python 3. Here are the 10 apps you are going to build:
English Thesaurus - a program where users can find the word definitions
Volcano Web Map - an interactive web map showing volcano locations
Personal Website with Python - a website built entirely in Python
Bookshop Database App - a desktop GUI app with a database backend
Feel Good Mobile App - an Android & iOS app
Webcam Motion Detector - starts the webcam and detects moving objects
Real Estate Webscraper - a program that extracts data from webpages
Interactive Data Dashboard - a web-based fully interactive graph
Database Web App - a web app that collects data & sends emails
Geocoder Web App - a web app that converts addresses to coordinates
You will be able to build these Python apps during the course even if you know nothing about programming. Before starting building the 10 apps you will first learn the fundamentals of Python programming. If you know Python basics already, you can jump right in with the first app. By building the 10 apps you will master Python and be able to build your own Python apps. You can also use any of the 10 apps for your portfolio.
You will code the apps, guided step-by-step by easy video explanations, and continuous support from the course instructor. If you get stuck, you can ask questions at any time in the Q&A and the instructor or the teaching assistant will jump in and help you with your questions.
By buying the course you will gain lifetime access to all of its videos, coding exercises, quizzes, code notebooks, cheat sheets, and the Q&A forum inside the course. On top of that, you are covered by the Udemy 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can easily return the course if you don't like it.
To consider yourself a professional programmer you need to know how to write professional programs and there's no other course that teaches you that, so join thousands of other students who have successfully applied their Python skills in the real world. Sign up and start learning the amazing Python programming language today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to learn Python and find a job after completing this course?
I have heard of quite a few success stories where students have rigorously followed the course and have found a job afterward. However, whether you will be able to learn Python and be job-ready, heavily depends on you.
If you merely watch the videos, without trying anything on your own, you will hardly learn anything. Instead, you have to try the code you see in the videos on your computer, change the code, run it, improve it further, run it again, fix the possible errors, try making a similar app, repeat, ask questions in the Q&A when you get stuck, and try to solve all the exercises in the course. That way you will certainly learn how to program with Python and be able to find a job.
How much time will I need to complete the course?
That depends on two factors:
(1) Your background: Someone coming from a math or computer science background may be able to complete the course in a shorter time compared to someone coming from a social science background for example.
(2) The effort you put in: If you just watch the videos, you may finish the course in two days. However, simply watching the videos is not enough. You need to experiment with the code you see in the videos. The more you experiment with it the better you become.
Depending on the two factors I mentioned above, students spend from one week to three months to complete the course, most spending one month.
I don't know anything about programming. Will I still be able to learn Python?
This course assumes you have no previous knowledge of programming. Whenever a programming term is mentioned (e.g. a variable) the meaning of the term is explained thoroughly so you not only understand how to use that particular term in Python, you also understand what that term means in programming.
Will I get support if I get stuck?
Yes. Feel free to drop a question in the Q&A, and I, or my teaching assistant, will answer your questions within the same day.
Does this course cover Python 2 or Python 3?
What IDE/editor is used in the course?
Visual Studio Code is used in the course. It is very new and probably the best IDE that exists today. However, you can use your favorite IDE. The code will work the same, no matter the IDE.
Does the course expire?
No. Once you buy the course it's yours. I update the content regularly and all the updates are also included for free in the one-time purchase you make.
- Those with no prior knowledge of Python.
- Those who know Python basics and want to master Python