The Practical BPMN 2.0 Master Class
What you'll learn
- Create your own, clean and expressive BPMN models
- Add business process management to you business analytics skill set
- Fully comprehend the principles of BPMN 2.0 through learning by doing
- Gain precious insights from real business use cases
- Learn how to use a free, light weight BPMN modeler
- No pre-knowledge required
- No tools required, we will use an easy to use light weight BPMN web modeler
This course will get you from zero to hero in BPMN 2.0. I will teach you how to apply all the fundamental BPMN elements with the help of processes from exiting business use cases.
We will take a look at:
An industrial production processes of a private space ship manufacturer
The compliance procedures of a holiday visa application to an island
A digital transformation process in the health & beauty industry.
A process of manual tasks applied as work instruction in the retail industry
And many more
Each of these real life scenarios will then be concluded by an exercise that enables you to try out the freshly learned BPMN elements yourself.
For this we use Cawemo, a free, lightweight and very user friendly BPMN web modeler that also allows you to share your process models.
In the last section you model completely independently. You can send me the result to review! I am happy to provide you with personal feedback and advice on your final piece of work!
Of course, before every exercise and practical, real business use case I will introduce you every new BPMN element through a brief theory parts. In these theory parts you will learn about the following BPMN Elements
- Sequence Flows
- Pools & Lanes
- Exclusive Gateway
- Parallel Gateway
- Inclusive Gateway
- Event Based Gateway
- Start and End Event
- Message Event
- Timer Event
- Conditional Event
- Link Event
- Attached Events
- Collapsed Pools
- Sub Processes
- Call Activities
- Data Object
- Data Store
All of these elements will the be applied to a practical real business process.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn BPMN 2.0 from scratch
- Anyone who wants to refresh his or her knowledge in BPMN 2.0
- Anyone who is in touch with business process management
- Anyone who wants to pursue a career in business analysis and consulting
- Any consultant, business analyst or process owner who wants to optimize processes
- Anyone who wants to understand the power of process management
I am Fabian, an experienced instructor with more than 20.000 taught students on Udemy alone. I am also a senior software engineer @ Microsoft . I have gone through the same interview process myself and I also conduct interviews from the other side of the table. Moreover, I design system architectures on a daily bases.
My goal is to teach you everything it takes for you to master your system design interview with confidence and ease!
Hi There I'm Sebastian, process enthusiast, BPM consultant and trainer.
As a Consultant I've seen several BPM projects for customers of all kind of industries. I had the privilege to be involved in BPM initiatives ranging from the modeling of basic BPMN processes for the optimization of manual procedures, to the full automation and monitoring of complex business processes.
What I always enjoyed the most, however, is to enable people by teaching them the powerful business process notation BPMN 2.0. I'm still excited to see again and again the benefits and achievements that teams and entire businesses generate from effectively applying BPMN. This keeps me going.