Power of Breath, Change Your Breath, Change Your Life
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the mind body connection and how to achieve it.
- Learn 6 fundamental breathing techniques useful to help relieve stress, boost the body's ability to heal, and create clarity of mind
- Choose the right breathing technique to support your needs.
- Relate how the breath impacts the health of the body, mind and overall quality of life.
- Change your state of mind.
- Boost your energy while at the same time relieve stress and tension.
- How to apply these breathing techniques into a daily practice.
- Understand the relationship between the breath, energy mind and body from both a western and yogic perspective.
- There are no physical requirements to take this course. However, be sure to pay attention to the contraindications for each breathing technique to make sure it is right for you.
- The only equipment needed is a straight backed chair or comfortable floor cushion to sit on.
This set of instructional and informative videos are designed to teach you how to utilize the power of the breath to transform your life. By learning how to consciously shape your breath you can easily manage stress and tension, boost your immune system, feel more energy and vitality, find clarity and be more focused, sleep better and even feel a deeper connection to Self and your purpose. These videos are great tools for yoga practitioners who desire more from their practice, meditators who want to have a deeper meditation experience or those who want to have a better quality of life.
This video set is the first of a two part series. In this first series, The Power of the Breath, you will learn 6 simple to do, yet profoundly efficient and effective, breathing techniques of yoga (pranayama) for various mental and health benefits including:
Reduce anxiety and depression
Lower / stabilize blood pressure
Increase energy levels
Decrease feelings of stress and overwhelm
Instant mental clarity
Normalizing circadian rhythms helping you to sleep
Balance your emotions and calm your mind
You will also gain a better understanding of why these techniques work and why they are so revered in the yoga world.
3 therapeutic breathing practices are provided for you to use based upon your needs for that day. Use the techniques individually or the longer practices I've provided. Each can be easily adjusted in length to suit your lifestyle and you will still receive incredible benefits in only minutes.
WARNING: Practicing these techniques can change your life.
- This course is meant to be an informative and supportive practice for those seeking to change their physical and mental health through simple techniques.
- This course is great for yoga practicioners who want to take their yoga practice to the next level, gain greater vitality and connection to Self.
- When used regularly, these techniques will aid meditators in achieving deeper states of relaxation, the ability to sit for longer periods of time, and improve the quality of each meditation.
- These breathing techniques can be used by anyone to alleviate stress, create a calm mind and healthy body
How does the mind and the body actually interact and how do we achieve this connection? This lecture will cover how the mind and body relate to one another and how the breath affects both.
This is the most accessible breathing technique and is the fundamental breathing technique used throughout a yoga practice. It can be utilized anywhere to immediately create a sense of calm throughout the body and mind. The only contraindication would be to not practice with a head cold combined with congestion.
Kapalbhati, also known as Breath of Fire or Skull Shining Breath, is a technique used to produce instant mental clarity. Other benefits include creating a sense of vitality, clears lungs of stale residual air and saturates the cells with oxygen and strengthens diaphragm, heart and nervous system.
Do not practice after overeating, if you have high blood pressure, emphysema, or severe lung conditions, abdominal cancer, colitis, stomach ulcers, hernia or if you are pregnant or have a head cold with congestion.
Bhastrika breathing relieves lethargy, clears the mind and is a nice preparation for alternate nostril breathing because it oxygenates the system supporting longer inhalations, exhalations and holds.
Do not practice if you suffer from schizophrenia or other mental imbalances, are pregnant, have a head cold, earache, or if you have chronic respiratory imbalances.
Nadi Shodhana is a fundamental breathing technique that has a vast array of benefits. Think balance when you think of this breathing technique: balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain, mind body balance, sun and moon aspects (masculine / feminine), the heating and cooling systems and the circadian rhythms of the body. You will certainly feel more grounded, clear minded, emotionally calm and focused after practicing this breath work.
Do not practice if nasal passages are fully blocked (can be practiced visually if congested) and do not practice over zealously.
A breathing practice combing Ujjayi to center, leading into Kapalbhati to purify and focus the mind. Ending with several rounds of Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing) will aid in balance of mind, emotions and body. Great for boosting the immune system. Use when you need the mind to be clear and to have more energy for your day.
*My apologies for forgetting the 'H' in Shodhana on the white board. This is a great opportunity to add the intention to your practice that we are all striving for excellence, not perfection. Do the best you can with these practices and things will unfold naturally.