What you'll learn
- Learn to practically apply the basic Pilates knowledge and fundamentals to 20-minute daily workouts.
- Learn how to consistently apply the 6 Pilates movement principles to your practice.
- Build your practice and progress from a beginner to intermediate level.
- Build on your strength, stamina and endurance for longterm health benefits.
- Develop a daily Pilates routine by practising everyday.
- Seek a medical specialists advice with any concerns, prior to starting workouts.
- This course follows on from "The Pilates Practice: Uncovering the Basics". Please ensure you have basic knowledge to get the full benefit from this course.
- Protect your spine by using a thick mat, or layering a number of thin mats on top of the other.
- A large, rolled up towel, yoga mat or cushion - a soft surface to place your pelvis onto for selected exercises.
- OPTIONAL: A yoga block and small towel for tight hips, hamstrings and back.
If you're looking to create a daily Pilates routine to get in shape, this course is designed for exactly that.
This +5 hours, user-friendly course has been designed for the beginner Pilates student, looking to practise their learned knowledge within effective workouts. "The Pilates Practice: Uncovering the Basics" covers the basic knowledge. "The Pilates Playlist" will give you the opportunity to actively apply this knowledge.
This course has been created to offer a range of 20-minute workouts to be practiced daily. Who doesn't thrive from a bit of a routine! With workouts for everyday of the week, it's designed to collectively target the entire body, using minimal accessories. The workouts are interchangeable, so if you'd prefer working a specific area of your body, that's possible too.
It's set out in a way that will enable you to practise at your own level and convenience, until such point that you can advance to intermediate. Once there, continue to practise the "additional hour". You'll then have the ongoing flexibility of continuing your practice three times a week. By pairing any three, 20-minute classes together, you'll have two hours' worth of workouts, plus the additional hour, at your disposal.
Get inspired to take your body and mind to new heights, and as Joseph Pilates so truly proclaimed: "You will feel better in ten sessions, look better in twenty sessions, and have a completely new body in thirty sessions.”
See you in the course...
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who have completed the first course, The Pilates Practice: Uncovering the Basics. Alternatively, anyone who has the basic knowledge of the fundamentals and repertoire.
- Anyone with limited access to a gym/outdoors and seeking home workouts.
- Anyone looking to tone, sculpt and strengthen the core and body.
- Anyone wanting to create a daily Pilates mat work routine, that is effective and convenient, with the use of minimal accessories.
- Anyone looking to improve their postural alignment, with the intension of investing in a healthy spine.
Hey there, I'm Robyn.
I'm an artist and Pilates instructor. I was born and raised in sunny South Africa. Art and wellness are my two great passions in life. Although they're on completely opposite sides of the spectrum, they make up who I am and I’m constantly striving to strike a balance between the two.
It all started back in 2001. After a brief trial of studying law, I quickly realised I was more in love with creativity. I quickly moved to London, continuing my studies at Central Saint Martin’s College, specialising in fashion design. During that time, I had the exciting opportunity of working for Giorgio Armani in Milan. I continued working in the industry for 12 years, which included starting my own business, designing and manufacturing luxury handbags and accessories.
Following this long stint in fashion, I decided to take a chance and followed my heart by pursing my dream of becoming an artist. By this stage, my health took a knock and I was simultaneously propelled into a journey of healing. I struggled with a debilitating and painful hip condition called Femoroacetabular Impingement - I know, quite a mouthful! Doctors advised me to operate on both hips, but I opted to experiment with alternative, less intrusive options first, and this led me to Pilates.
During this healing period, I discovered the benefits of Pilates, combined with TRE (Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises) and Thai Yoga Massage. Not only were my hip issues resolved, but my overall health improved to the point that I was inspired to take this type of healing to others. I went on to qualify as a Pilates instructor, TRE Provider and Thai Yoga Massage Therapist.
RewbyPilates was started in a little studio in Cape Town. I taught Pilates in lovely space, surrounded by chiropractors and specialists. Quite often, I would take on referred patients as an added measure to their rehabilitation. I was teaching private and semi-private classes from this studio, or privately at client's homes. Occasionally, I acted as a Pilates model for the creation of course material for the Pilates Academy SA, allowing me to learn and perfect my own practice under the guidance of Katya Kinski.
In 2018, I travelled the world, exploring destinations in South East Asia, America, Australia, Africa and Europe. During that time, I continued to practice Pilates, and realised the benefits of having this invaluable knowledge at my disposal. Wherever I found myself, I was always in a position to take care of my health by simply using a mat and my bodyweight.
Now that I’ve settled in Australia, I’ve taken the leap to teach Pilates online. My objective is to share my knowledge via online courses and relevant platforms. My hope is to inspire, equip and strengthen all those looking to develop and grow in their own practice. What I love most about this way of learning is the community, and the fact that people come from all over the world to learn! I've gained incredible knowledge from other instructors, and I hope I can do the same for you.
If there is anything I can help you out with, please connect. I would love to hear from you.
Until then, enjoy the courses.