The Philosophy of FileMaker - Part 1
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Design a multi-user solution
- Identify and create one-to-many, many-to-one, one-to-one and many-to-many relationships
- Create an Entity-Relationship diagram (ERD)
- Design according to the principals of anchor-buoy relational design
- Translate business systems from real-life to electronic using data modeling
- Create portals, filtered portals and filtered relationships
- Learn how to print properly in a multi-table environment
- Work with columns, merge fields, labels and a variety of other print mediums
- Create reports using sub summary parts and summary fields
- Learn how to script complex automations with decision making intelligence
- Create adaptive or dynamic scripts
- Work with modular scripting
- Capture errors and redirect programming with error analysis
- Save and restore found sets for a better user experience
- Compare and contrast different approaches to a problem in order to design better solutions
- Validate and format a phone number for consistent data entry
- Flag overdue or upcoming events
- Understand record locking and script for multi-user solutions
- Learn the differences and best uses for global fields, variables and parameters
Learn about John Mark Osborne's experience in the FileMaker market so you know you are being by an expert developer.
Find out how to greatly enhance your learning experience with this short video.
There are very many good reasons why an invoicing solution was chosen as the structure for this tutorial.
Reviewing the completed invoicing solution will help you understand the goal at all times and assist in the learning experience.
One of the most common mistakes is not planning your solution and programming yourself into a hole.
The first step to designing a database is creating a new FileMaker file or solution.
Housekeeping fields track the history of a record including creation and modification information.
- Students should be familiar with the basics of browse, find, layout and preview mode which can be achieved by taking any of the beginner courses also available on Udemy
- Students do not need to have experience with relational design, scripting and calculations but familiarity can help in faster learning
Learn FileMaker Scripting, Calculations, Relationships and Reporting from the guy who actually wrote the book, Scriptology: FileMaker Pro Demystified. With over two decades of experience teaching FileMaker, John Mark Osborne will help you understand tough FileMaker concepts with ease. Intermediate and advanced FileMaker techniques will be taught throughout the three part tutorial series. In order to better understand every nut and bolt that goes into designing a solution, a single file will be created from scratch. The chosen solution is an invoicing solution for its familiarity to a wide audience and flexibility of applying techniques to other solutions. The completed FileMaker file at each stage is provided to assist with the learning process.
- Students will learn how to design a complete solution from the ground up including layout design, scripting, calculations, relational design and reporting
- An invoicing solution will be used as the basis for the course but the concepts learned can be applied to any solution
- This is an intermediate course with some beginner information