The perfect Mike
What you'll learn
- Be inspired like never before to pursuit great sound by using microphones
- Find great sounds without the use of sound processing
- Learn how to position a microphone for every instrument type
- Discover the palette of tones a microphone has
- Get to know the wonder of stereo techniques
- Master the mystery of microphone "hardness"
- Learn the 3 movements of microphone placement
- Take your Live and Studio sound productions to another level
- Great passion for music and sound (that is the first and main requirement)
- Headphones or a stereo speaker system (preferably of good quality)
- 2 microphones and preamps (a small mixer will do)
- A DAW would be advisable for the assignments, but it is optional
A lens to unseen sights, a palette to unpainted pictures a mike is the beginning of a journey of discovery that will lead you to hear the world anew.
Join Tim as he explores the wonders of mikes. The course is super practical with the majority of lectures devoted to specific instruments. With actionable knowledge and many experience-learnt lessons. Beside the instrument-specific techniques we will also cover 3 miking hows: how to choose, how to place and how to make things sound big and natural.
The perfect mike doesn’t exist but the perfect match does.
The course will enable you to chose and use mikes like never before, making your live and studio productions came alive.
• 39 + 5 (bonus) lectures
• 19 Assignments, to go over what you learn
• 3h 16m + 54m (bonus) of video lectures
Who this course is for:
- The course is suitable for people with different knowledge and skill levels, ranging from people with no knowledge to people that work in this field.
- Live sound engineers
- Musicians who want to get a better tone for their instruments
- Studio sound engineers
- Sound volunteers in churches/school
- People with some background knowledge that want to expand their understanding of sound engineering
With almost 4 decades of experience in event management on 3 continents, Timoteo Alicino is an invaluable source of knowledge, reliability and insight.
He has made it his goal to ensure that the productions (albums and live events) that saw his involvement not only happened but were a great success. He not only understands the complexity of putting together a production but he also fully grasps other important concepts: from budget constraints to working with volunteers. Even though he is used to working with world-class artists and equipment, he functions exceptionally well within other contexts.
Born and raised in Italy, Timoteo started off an illustrious career as a producer and musical director with the production ‘Breath of Heaven’, which toured through his home country in 1994. Prior to that, he worked as a vocalist in national and international concerts, including the ‘March for Jesus’ event in Italy and the International Christian Arts Seminar in De Bron, Netherlands. His work also included sound engineering on major rallies for international speakers since 1988.
In 1995, he joined All Good Gifts International, a South African production house. He was soon appointed as Director of Operations, worked as tour manager and technical director for all their appointments and tours, and engineered all live music events up until July 2004.
He devised a course on Sound Engineering called ‘The Sound Kitchen’, and has presented this at various seminars and conferences since 1995. Ten years later, it was recorded as an instructional DVD. Since 2005 he has been engineering for live broadcasts on TV, mixing for an audience of millions of people across the continent of Africa and beyond.
His work as a tour manager, sound engineer & teacher took him to a wealth of countries, including Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, Italy, the United States of America, Israel, Ukraine and many European nations. He engineered, produced, mixed & mastered albums for various local- & international artists and speakers such as David Kramer, Albino Montisci (Italy), Rick Cua (USA), Patty Franklin (USA), Peter Helms (Canada), Wendy Oldfield, The Redial (Switzerland), Sara (Italy), Rediscovery (Italy/Holland), The Racabite Band (Holland), Piotr Pleka (Poland), Evan Schoombie (South Africa), The Billy Graham Assoc. (Italy), The Stele (Switzerland), Collage (USA), March for Jesus (Italy), Past Chris Olakan. (Nigeria), Kobus v. Rensburg, Anaconda (Argentina), Tom Hess (Jerusalem), Tommy Tenney (USA), Alvin Slaughter (USA), Mark Chironna (USA), Joseph Garlington (USA), Nico Battaglia (Italy), Planetshakers (Australia), Parachute Band (New Zealand), Israel Oughton (USA), Rocco de Villiers, Anton Goosen, Dirty Skirts, amongst many others.
It is easy to see why Timoteo is a renowned speaker. He regularly lectures in seminars in South Africa and abroad.
With more than 4 decades of experience in the field of sound engineering, he is an established consultant, educator and engineer.
As a sound engineer is work covered various aspects of sound engineering, recording, live performances (from intimate venues to sports stadiums) and system design. He also took it upon himself to completely research and plan the creation of the MMH Mastering studios.
His passion balances his attention to detail and accuracy.
Married since 2002, he and his wife Manda are also proud parents of two children.
Since 2006 Tim consulted and work as a process and system designer for various establishments, putting in place many solutions for companies that needed people-flow, logistical solutions, and digital creations.
In 2013 he started Accord, a school of Music in George, South Africa.