The PEACE Model of Investigative Interviewing
- Entry level to Intermediate
- Students may view video presentations at their own pace
- No investigative background or experience is necessary to take this course
- This course will appeal to students interested in ethical interviewing methods to secure accurate and reliable information from witnesses, victims and suspects
This FREE course is designed to provide you with an overview in relation to the use of the PEACE model of investigative interviewing which you can use to plan, conduct and evaluate investigative interviews in any investigative context. The PEACE model remains the UK Home Office approved investigative interviewing methodology and is widely used by Police forces in Canada, UK, wider Europe and also in both Australia and New Zealand.
Who this course is for:
- Investigators, Human Resources Officers, Auditors, Private Investigators, Law Enforcement Officers,
- Criminal Justice students and researchers interested in learning more about interrogation and interviewing methods
- 07:51Planning and Preparation
- 03:40Engage & Explain
- 06:07Account, Clarification & Challenge
- 09:14Bonus Lecture: The secret ingredient to a productive interview!
Daren Jay is a career investigator whose bread and butter is interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects. He is currently appointed as a Lecturer in Policing with Charles Sturt University and is an internationally recognised expert speaker on the subject of interrogation and interviewing techniques. Daren is also currently employed as a Senior Investigator investigating fraud and corruption with the New South Wales government in Australia.
Daren has pursued an extensive career in policing and maintains a healthy interest in interviewing, tech and sport. He claims to be possessed of a footballing talent that has never been recognised..... by anyone.