The OWASP top 10 demystified
What you'll learn
- The top 10 web vulnerabilities of 2017
- The OWASP top 10 in an understandable manner
- How to ethically check and implement defences against the OWASP top 10
- Basic understanding of Clients - server infrastructures,
- Basic understanding of HTTP request methods
- Basic understanding of data formats suchs as JSON and XML
Who am i?
I am The XSS Rat, also known as Wesley. I created infosec tutorials and courses in a unique way. It's my opinion that a teacher should be able to bring knowledge in an inspirational way but also make sure that knowledge is retained. This is a very unique challenge requiring out of the box thinking. My courses never just consist of a video or video + PDF only format. Courses should be interactive and not just boring reads of powerpoint slides.
Who is this course for?
This course is for everyone who needs to work with the OWASP top 10 but found the guide made by OWASP hard to apply or understand like me i have created this course after performing deep research on all the mentioned topics and learning how to apply these techniques. On several topics we will provide hack-a-long video's to make the topics covered visual which allows for a better understanding and it makes it so that you don't need an extreme level of knowledge to get started with this wonderful list.
Even though we have done everything in our power to make this course as beginner friendly, a basic understanding of web applications such HTTP(s) methods such as GET and POST and what is meant by a parameter.
- A video and PDF covering every topic in the OWASP top 10 as seen from the perspective of testers, developers and managers
- Extra content on several topics where applicable
- Hack along demo video's demonstrating several vulnerability types where applicable
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn how bad actors attack their code so they can protect it
- Ethical hackers who want to improve their repetoire
- Managers who want to gain an understanding of how bad actors attack their application
I am the XSS Rat, an experienced ethical hacker who stands for quality and who believes knowledge is a building block we can all use to grow bigger than we ever were. As a software test i have a unique skill set that centers around logic flaws and IDORs which i have not seen very much by other hunters. This gives me the advantage of finding less duplicates and maximizing my chance of finding a vulnerability by picking the correct target and applying the correct test strategy.