The Official Guide To Mixing
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop the skills necessary to prepare, execute and finalise a mix to a professional standard
- Make your drum sounds punchy and powerful
- Use parallel compression in order to achieve a consistent sound and increase loudness
- Mix your bass effectively and make it blend with the kick drum
- Learn the secrets for getting a prominent, commercial vocal sound
- Use analogue and plugin compressors and eq's
- Make your mix more three-dimensional
- Make space for the important elements of your mix
- Use pads and strings as a means of making your mix wider
- Mix strategically to achieve maximum loudness
- You should know how to use a PC/MAC and audio editing/recording software.
About this course:
Mixing is one of the most important stages of music production. It's the point where all elements of the music come together, and are modified and enhanced to achieve the best possible sonic result.
On this video we show you all the steps, techniques and principles for accomplish a powerful, balanced, punchy and dynamic sound.
You will also see all the secrets you need to know, in order to make your mixes sound professional and ready to compete with the high standards of commercial releases.
Filmed at the Doctor Mix studios in London, our professional engineers walk you through every step of their process using high quality analogue gear and plugins.
In this class you'll learn...
- How to prepare, organize and get your material ready for mixing
- A/B comparison to commercial releases or demo mix
- Gain Staging
- Filtering The Low End
- Bus Routing
- Kick Drum
- Parallel Compression
- Increasing The Kick Impact
- Sine Wave Trick
- Transient Enhancement
- Enhancing The Snare
- How To Balance The Drums
- Bus Compression
- How To Mix The Bass
- Bass Sidechain
- Basic Vocal EQ & Compression
- Vocal Correction With Dynamic EQ
- Adding Reverb And Delay On Vocals
- Mixing The Acoustic Guitar
- Mixing Pads and Strings
- Mixing the Horns
- Mastering Techniques
You will also learn how to strategically setup your mix so that you get the maximum loudness before you even get to the mastering stage.
- This course is for music producers who want to learn to mix professionally.
Introducing the Doctor Mix team and the aim of the course. Mix a song from beginning to end with Claudio and Dom.
On this video, we explain one of the most important steps when preparing a mix. Getting the Gain Staging correctly is the key for a good mix.
Parallel compression is a process that allows you to add additional amount of body to your kick drum without compromising your original sound. On this video we show you the steps necessary for parallel compression.