The Musicarta Hanon
What you'll learn
- The Musicarta Hanon is a video presentation of the famous Hanon finger exercises for pianists.
- The original 30 Hanon finger exercises are demonstrated on a virtual piano with fingering and further graphic cues so that anyone can start making use of these popular, effective exercises.
- In addition, there are ten sets of variations - in time signature, at intervals, in syncopated rhythms and to stretch the hand and so on - so your daily technical exercises need never get boring and can truly "light two candles with one match".
- Watch the introductory video on the course landing page for a more visual description of the course content.
- You will need to be able to see both your piano/keyboard and screen at the same time.
- Printing the module written-out music is optional - you do not have to be able to read music, but should be open to the idea. There are numerous 'shorthand' versions, where the written music is 'just a reminder'.
The Hanon finger exercises have been helping pianists develop and maintain their finger technique for 150 years.
Now here's a video version that shows you how to play them, with sets of variations to develop your creative musical muscles and keep your practicing exciting and productive.
Watch the introductory video below, and try the first set for free.
Who this course is for:
- All pianists need ongoing technical exercise to maintain and build their technique. It's never too late to start - or catch up!
- Musicarta is for musicians who want to develop their creative and expressive skills. The variations encourage an enquiring, can-do approach, and pupils should be willing to 'take the ball and run with it'!
- Truly a course for all ages and stages. The sooner the beginner learns and loves a useful set of finger exercises like Hanon the better. The Musicarta Hanon also offers more challenging variations like canon and two-handed syncopation to stimulate more advanced players and veer off into pure keyboard creativity.
- This course is suitable for complete beginners to advanced players. Try the sample material for free and find out where you fit in!
Bob Chappell (aka Mister Musicarta) has been "messing round with chords" since he got turfed off the school piano for playing four-handed boogie with a pal. A lifetime musician, playing for functions and ballet class and every modern style under the sun, Bob now teaches and plays in Cape Town, South Africa.
Years of teaching a creative curriculum called 'composing at the keyboard' have been honed down to what works best to free that musician within. Visit the Musicarta website and Mister Musicarta YouTube channel (links below) to sample my approach.
Looking forward to seeing you on the courses!