Advanced IELTS Writing Process by Melbourne English
What you'll learn
- Write an excellent Task 2 essay in the IELTS exam
- Be able to come up with ideas for any Task 2 IELTS essay
- Structure a Task 2 essay properly
- Use an academic style and linking vocabulary to achieve a high grade
- Use the 8 Techniques of the Melbourne English Writing Process
- You should have a reasonable understanding of the English language or be at a level of about 6.5 or higher in IELTS.
This is an advanced IELTS Writing Course that covers Task 2 of the IELTS Writing exam - the 250 word essay. Many students that may already have fairly good English often struggle to achieve an 8 in this difficult component and this course simplifies how to excel in this part of the exam by illustrating the 'Melbourne English Writing Process'.
The instructor leads the students through the 8 Steps by completing 4 perfect 9 band answers to 4 different types of question - The Opinion, The Discussion, The Problem Solution and The Two Part Question.
Part 1 is an overview of the 8 Step 'Melbourne English Writing Process' and the IELTS Writing exam, explaining the 4 key areas that IELTS examiners grade and how to maximize your grade in each area.
Part 2 of the course explains the 8 Steps with explanation overview videos followed by practical application and answering an IELTS 'Opinion' type question.
Part 3 goes through the 8 Step Process again, this time with a 'Discursive' question type. Another 9 band answer is crafted and written for this different topic and question type.
Part 4 deals with the 'Problem Solution' type question and the instructor guides the student through the process of dealing with this style of essay.
Part 5 examines the 'Two Part Question' typology and another 9 band perfect essay is written by walking through the same 8 Steps of the Process.
This course is aimed at advanced students seeking 8 or 9 in IELTS Writing so it may be difficult for beginner or lower intermediate students to follow. After completing this course students will be able to apply the 8 Techniques of the 'Melbourne English Writing Process' to any Task 2 essay question and write an excellent essay in the IELTS exam.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for upper intermediate or advanced students that need help achieving 8 or 9 in the IELTS Writing exam. If your English is lower intermediate, the course may be difficult to follow due to the academic language and style used by the instructor.
Simon has taught IELTS courses and tutorials to a vast range of international students, many of whom have gone on to excel with 8's and 9's in the IELTS exam. He is the author of the popular 'Melbourne English Writing Process' e-Book IELTS Study Guide, on which this course is based. Simon has tutored IELTS online and has taught at the LVC School of English in London. He qualified with a Bachelor of Arts in English and Social & Political Science in 1999 and a Higher Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language in 2000 at the National University of Ireland, Galway. He has taught English and IELTS in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the United Kingdom.