The Lost Goddess; An Exploration of Herstory
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify Joseph Campbell's four types of Goddess Sublimation myths
- Categorize particular myths according Joseph Campbell's four types of Sublimation myths
- Compare and contrast common definitions of myth with Joseph Campbell's broader definition of myth
- Deconstruct myths in order to comprehend the "meta -myth"
- Identify Goddess symbols cross culturally in both myths and archaeological artifacts
- Think critically, compare and contrast, ancient mythology with current mythological paradigms
- Explain the process of the changeover between ancient matriarchal / partnership model societies to patriarchal / dominator model societies
- Explain Raine Isler's definitions of "partnership model" vs "dominator model" societies
- Explain Joseph Campbell's four functions of myth
- An interest in mythology and archeology
- An open and curious mind
For nearly 30,000 years the primary concept of the Divine was feminine in form. Join us on this walk through HERstory as we take a multidisciplinary approach and examine the META myth to uncover the mysteries of the disappearance of the Goddess culture and the rise of the patriarchal model of society.
This course is comprised of a series of slides and lectures and includes:
- Over twenty lessons (Approximately 2 hours)
- Links to video interviews with experts in mythology and archaeology (Each video is approximately one hour long)
- Lecture handouts for printing and note taking
- Links to resources (Audio of the story "Math son of Mathonwy" or read the story approximately one hour)
- A List of resources
- Audio/visual recital of myths
- An Audio/visual Goddess Meditation
- This course is meant for students who are interested in learning about the role of the Feminine Divine in ancient mythology and who feel drawn to rediscovering the Feminine Divine in their own spiritual path.
- This course is meant for students who are curious about the role of the Feminine Divine through the ages, and how the change over from matriarchal to patriarchal social and religious paradigms took place.
Welcome to this class! In this lecture we will have an overview of what I hope to accomplish through this course.
Websters definition of myth vs Joseph Campbell's definition of myth. Identifying the types of myths.
Joseph Campbell's important definition of myth and how it effects our world view.
Please find a link to a youtube video of an interview with Joseph Campbell in which he discusses his definition of a myth and the importance of myths in culture.
A Cross Cultural exploration of Goddesses and their influence on their cultures.