The London System Chess Opening with FIDE CM Kingscrusher
What you'll learn
- One of the most solid opening systems available and one which World Chess champion Magnus Carlsen uses
- An easy to play system which doesn't require tonnes of memorisation of sharp opening variations
- Positional themes which can be applied more generally to your games and improve even your middlegame and endgames
- How the World chess champion uses a specific move order for maximum effectiveness
- A system you can fall back on when you really want to minimise the risk of losing
- A system that will annoy opponents who have been theoretically prepared in their pet trendy openings
- Systems and ideas that have been checked with Stockfish NN and strong Neural network engines
- The most instructive inspiring stem game selection to get your creative juices flowing!
- One of the first major chess courses by a FIDE titled player making use of Stockfish NN and other Neural Networks from outset
- An opening system that you can play independently of the opponent's preparation and really annoy opponents!
- An Opening system that has a major following on many websites with even London System groups over 1000 members!
- Many fantastic innovations and novelties discovered using the Mighty Stockfish NN engine even for Super Grandmaster games
- London system widely considered the highest cost/benefit in terms of learning investment time and energy and game results
- Learn how to make the London system "downside-ready" for other systems such as Dutch Stonewall and Lenningrad
- Many in depth analysed games of World Champion Magnus Carlsen with the White pieces in the London System
- The only Chess opening you will ever need with the White pieces and one that you can guarantee to make use of in every game
- Care has been taken to add exciting model games even for unusual responses to 1.d4 you might face to give confidence to you
- Knows the basics of playing Chess
Explore the world of the London System Chess Opening - a versatile strategy for White pieces that's gained popularity in the chess community. Suitable for players at all levels, it offers a high reward-to-effort ratio, making it an ideal choice for learners. Even world champions and Grandmasters, including Magnus Carlsen and US Grandmaster Gata Kamsky, employ this opening across various time controls.
In this course, instructed by FIDE CM Kingscrusher, you'll delve into the nuances of the London System, mastering its key aspects and honing your understanding of this compelling opening.
Our comprehensive approach involves examining successful applications of the system, with annotated games from Kamsky and Carlsen. We specifically focus on 2. Bf4 - the most modern treatment of the London System. This move maintains flexibility while countering early attacks from Black on the abandoned b2 square.
The utilization of "systems" in chess is not a new concept. Chess greats such as Bobby Fischer, Bent Larsen, and Julian Hodgson have favored specific systems to achieve success. The appeal of the London System lies in its simplicity: it lessens the burden of memorizing numerous sharp variations, allowing you to secure a comfortable position with ease.
This strategic simplicity gives you more room to refine other aspects of your chess prowess. By focusing less on complex opening theory, you can invest more time into tactics training and endgame learning. A balanced skill set in all areas of chess is what defines an effective player. Through this course, you'll work on eliminating weaknesses in your understanding and building a well-rounded game.
By mastering the London System, you can enhance your overall chess performance, leading to better results and a more enjoyable gaming experience. Start your journey towards mastering this popular opening today!
Who this course is for:
- Chess beginner and intermediate players
Dive deep into the intellectual universe of chess with Tryfon Gavriel, famously known to enthusiasts as "Kingscrusher." Beyond my titles as a FIDE Candidate Master and British Regional Chess Master, I am a dedicated chess educator, committed to spreading knowledge and passion for the game.
Decades of Strategic Pursuits My engagement with chess is a 35-year-long odyssey marked by competitive achievements both online and offline, including a peak ICC blitz rating of 2625 and an exceptional ECF grading of 212. My early triumph in the Lloyds Under 18 national UK tournament back in 1989 set the stage for a life steeped in chess, culminating in numerous top finishes in Lichess marathons and more.
Udemy's Chess Luminary While I once enjoyed sharing insights and high-level analysis on my YouTube channel, my current passion lies in crafting comprehensive chess courses for Udemy. My dedication has been recognized with the "highest-rated" award for my detailed course on José Raúl Capablanca's strategies and the "Best Seller" accolade for my "Complete Guide to Chess Tactics," which garnered widespread acclaim shortly after its debut.
Pedagogy that Transforms Teaching chess goes beyond explaining moves on a board. For me, it's about igniting a passion for the sport and developing a deep, enduring understanding of strategic thinking and tactical decision-making. Drawing inspiration from chess titans like Paul Morphy, Alexander Alekhine, Mikhail Tal, Bobby Fischer, and Garry Kasparov, my courses offer more than knowledge—they provide a window into the minds of chess's greatest masters.
Your Journey Towards Chess Mastery My offerings on Udemy are designed for learners at all stages of their chess journey. Whether you're just starting or seeking advanced strategies, my courses are a gateway to deeper comprehension and appreciation of chess. Through meticulously designed lessons, I aim to equip you with the skills, confidence, and strategic acumen to elevate your game.
Join me in this exploration of chess, delving into the intricacies that make it a timeless classic. With each lesson, we'll unravel the complexities and joys of chess, fostering not just better players, but lifelong enthusiasts.