The most famous dish in the Levant and Iraq
- There is no prior knowledge.
- Basic kitchen utensils: oven, pots, dishes, spoons ... etc.
• It is the most famous Jordanian popular main food dish.
• It presents on occasions: holidays, weddings, solace, feasts, and family meetings.
•It offers in the region: Arabic in general, and Levant and Iraq in particular.
• Mensef dish clearly and explicitly contradicts the Jewish dogma which forbids the cooking of meat in yogurt.
• The history of mensef dates back to the reign of King Misha' Al-Mu'abi (founder of the city of Karak 147 BC, unified to unite the kingdom of Dibul in the battle of Dibul, where 4,000 Jews were captured). He asked to cook meat with yogurt to make sure that his people who knew Jewish teachings were hostile to the Jews.
• Al-Mensef's name dates back to two novels:
1 to blow up (ensef) the covenants and covenants with the Jews who blew up (nesefo) covenants and covenants with King Misha'
2 to cleanse (clean) of wheat by women because there was no harvest at that time.
• It consists of three main components: jameed (yogurt), meat, and rice.
• It varies: from one region to another, and in some way from another, with some additions or simple changes in ingredients.
In addition to you will know Some of heritage, civilization, and culture of my country (Jordan).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone has basic cooking skills.
- Chefs who are looking for new and famous something.
- Anyone who likes to learn about cultures.
- Tourists of Jordan.
- 00:39How to make Al-Jameed (Yogurt)
My name is Ahmad Saleem AlGhoti, I am from Jordan, and my mission is teaching of people by inspirational, creative, and innovative methods about the world.
I wish reporting to you well, and I work to spread the heritage, civilization, and culture of my country beautifully, to I reflect bright view about it.