The Leadership Masterclass - Guide To The Art Of Leadership
What you'll learn
- Leadership styles, the benefit of each leadership style, and how to use different styles in different team scenarios and situations
- Autocratic, Authoritative, Pace-Setting, Democratic, Coaching, Affiliative, and Laissez-Faire Style of Leadership
- Empathy, the benefits of leading with empathy, and the strategy to lead effectively with empathy
- Compassion, Emotional Intelligence, Open & Transparent Communication, Active Listening, and Optimism are covered to help you lead with empathy
- Action, learn how to lead with action centric leadership and use action to produce results
- Learn how to be an action-minded leader, organise teams, and inspire everyone to take action
- Diversity, use the power of diversity to drive innovation, creativity, performance, and personal growth
- Learn to be an inclusive leader and to encourage diversity. Learn from our real life examples of working in diverse teams, cultures, and countries
- Ethics, the importance of ethical leadership and traits of an ethical leader, as well as consequences of failure of ethics
- Principles of ethical leadership such as Honesty, Justice, Respect, Community, Integrity, and Appropriate Conduct.
- Resilience, the characteristics of resilient leaders, and the strategies and prices of resilient leadership
- Resilient leadership strategies, such as Perspective, Emotional Intelligence, Exercise, Overcoming Fears, Driving Forces, Business Rules & Breathe
- Skills, Story-telling, and Self-Leadership, learn the power of communicating and connecting using stories. Connect with a vision using your emotions
- Learn what makes a great leader, including vulnerability, blanking intelligence and emotional quotient, giving autonomy, and lifting team to a higher purpose
- High performing business leaders, that have set examples in Leadership and we can learn from their best practices and accomplishments
- Learn from business leaders like Elon Musk, Jamie Dimon, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Ray Kroc, Andrew Carnegie, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Warren Buffet
- Inspiring authors of leadership, books on leadership that contain years of experience and learnings to help us learn the best practices of leadership
- Learn from best leadership books such as dare to lead, no bullshit leadership, leaders eat last, strengths-based leadership, no rules rules, and many more
- People, we can learn from leaders who have led revolutions and inspired millions, their style of leadership will help us inspire and motivate our teams
- We cover leaders from real life locations such as Lord Admiral Nelson, Sir Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, and many more
- There are no requirements as anyone can learn the art of leadership
L is for Leadership Models - We cover all Leadership Styles, discuss them in detail and then analyze the pros and cons of each style. Each style of Leadership works for different individuals, teams, organizations and situations.
E is for Empathy - We discuss topics of Compassion, Active Listening, Transparency, so that your team can trust you and you can lead with Empathy
A is for Action - Things get done when we act. We discuss why taking action is important, how to motivate a team to act, and how to use action centered leadership to generate results. I have a personality of getting things done, I love to take action and motivate the team to act.
D is for Diversity - We live in times where we are working on a global scale. Teams are diverse and we must learn how to lead diverse teams. In fact we recommend that you increase diversity in your team as it drives creativity, innovation and personal growth. We share our own personal examples to help you become an inclusive leader, and thrive in a multicultural environment.
E is for Ethics - We discuss principles of Ethical Leadership, the importance of ethical leadership and how to improve ethical conduct in your company. We also discuss cases like the Enron scandal or Satyam scandal as a cautionary tale of what happens when there is failure of ethics by leaders.
R is for Resilience - We discuss in a progressive manner, what is resilient leadership? Practices followed by resilient Leaders, and a comprehensive list of strategies of Resilient Leadership
S is for Skills, Story-Telling, & Self Leadership - We share with you the power of storytelling as a means of communication to lead your team. How to motivate people and help them grow.
H is for High Performance Business Leaders - We cover Business Leaders that have transformed the world, through their exceptional leadership skills, such as Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie
I is for Inspiring Authors - We cover best Leadership books that have helped our careers, and we give you top Leadership lessons from these books in short video lessons.
P is for People we can learn from - These are leaders who have led countries, industries, societies and have inspired though their leadership skills. We share this inspiration with you from locations where we went to find inspiration. From Mahatma Gandhi’s final resting place, the prime ministers museum, to statues of great leaders such as Sir Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy.
The course is led by Peter Alkema, who has led numerous teams in his 20+ years of corporate management. His partner Salil Dhawan runs multiple small businesses, where he leads many small, diverse teams. They both combine their knowledge, expertise, research and experience to give you the best Leadership course on Udemy.
Section 1: Leadership Models
Autocratic Or "Do As I Say" Style Of Leadership
Authoritative Or "Visionary" Style Of Leadership
Pace Setting Or "Do As I Do" Style Of Leadership
Democratic Or "What Do You Think?" Style Of Leadership
Coaching Or "Consider This" Style Of Leadership
Affiliative Or "People Come First" Style Of Leadership
Laissez-Faire Or "Do Your Best" Style Of Leadership
Section 2: Empathy
Tips To Lead Effectively With Compassion & Intelligence
Be Open To Different Perspectives
Practice Active Listening To Demonstrate Empathy
Open & Transparent Communication For Leading With Empathy
Lead With Empathy By Demonstrating Compassion
It Is Important For A Leader To Remain Optimistic
Set The Example Of Leading With Empathy And Commit To Self-Care
Section 3: Action
Lecture :As A Leader You Need To Get Things Done. Only Action Produces Results
Action Centred Leadership Is A Way Of Balancing Task, Team, And Individual
Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
Reasons Taking Action Is Crucial In Achieving Success
Become An Action-Minded Leader By Mastering Your Own Time
As A Leader You Also Need A Way Of Organising Your Own Tasks - Kanban
Use Kanban Boards To Drive Actions And Progress In Your Team
Section 4: Diversity
Diversity Leadership Drives Creativity, Innovation, Performance & Growth
Achieving Benefits From Diversity Requires Inclusive Leadership
Daily Practices For Inclusive Leadership
How To Create A Safe And Supportive Environment For Your Team
How To Be An Inclusive Leader
Working For A Leader Who Doesn’t Value Diversity - Exclusive Leadership
Leadership In A Multicultural Environment
Section 5: Ethics
Ethical Leadership Is Centred Around Appropriate Conduct
Ethical Leadership Principles - Honesty, Justice, Respect, Community, Integrity
Ethical Leadership Examples
How To Improve Your Ethical Leadership Skills
The Importance Of Ethical Leadership
Which Are The Traits Of An Ethical Leader?
“Smartest Guys In The Room” Enron’s Grand Failure of Ethical Leadership
All Ethics Out The Window By Entire Management - The Satyam Scandal
Section 6: Resilience
What Does Resilient Leadership Mean & The Characteristics Of Resilient Leaders?
What Practices Do Resilient Leaders Follow?
Resilient Leadership Strategies : Lessons, Me-Time, Open Mindedness & Experience
Resilient Leadership Strategies: Perspective & Emotional Intelligence
Resilient Leadership Strategies: North Star, Exercise, Triggers, Overcoming Fear
Resilient Leadership Strategies: Driving Forces, Business Rules & Breath
Business Leadership In The 4th Industrial Revolution
Leadership Quotient For IT Leaders
Section 7: Skills, Story-Telling, & Self-Leadership
Storytelling Leads People To Connect With A Vision Through Their Emotions
Pringles Turnaround Story To Learn How To Use Storytelling
Great Leaders Are Trustworthy
Great Leaders Ignite Passion In People & Display Their Own
Great Leaders Are Vulnerable So They Can Build Relationships
Great Leaders Make Change Look Easy By Balancing EQ + IQ
Great Leaders Motivate People By Giving Them Autonomy
Great Leaders Motivate People By Helping Them Master Their Craft
Great Leaders Motivate People By Lifting Them To A Higher Purpose
Great Leaders Keep Their Ego In Check
Great Leaders Coach And Mentor The Next Level
Section 8: High Performance Business Leaders
Section 9: Inspiring Authors On Leadership
Dare To Lead By Brene Brown
No Bullshit Leadership By Chris Hirst
Leaders Myth And Reality By Stanley A. McChrystal
Leaders Eat Last By Simon Sinek
Extreme Ownership By Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? By Gareth R. Jones & Rob Goffee
Strengths-Based Leadership By Barry Conchie & Tom Rath
The Commitments of Conscious Leadership by Chapman, Jim Dethmer & Kaley Klemp
No Rules Rules By Erin Meyer and Reed Hastings
Section 10: People Who Have Inspired Through Their Leadership
Lord Admiral Nelson – Inspiration Leader Of The British Fleet
Sir Winston Churchill – “Never Give Up” War Time Hero & Orator
Nelson Mandela – World’s Most Loved Reconciliatory
Mahatma Gandhi – Non-Violent Steadfast & Compassionate Leader
Millicent Fawcett – Anti-Establishment Campaigner For Women’s Rights
Oliver Cromwell – Civil War Leader Who Stood Up To Kings
Abraham Lincoln – Autocratic Leader Who Abolished Slavery
John F Kennedy – “Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You”
We are grateful to have you as part of our Leadership course
Who this course is for:
- This course is a requirement for everyone. Leadership is an important skill in every aspect of life.
Salil Dhawan is a serial entrepreneur who has started, grown and automated over 7 businesses including a manufacturing business that supplies to an Amazon seller business that has increased distribution by being in wholesale business as well as 3 wholly-owned retail locations.
He has also used his knowledge from Business School at Boston University along with his experience in Business to start a Coaching as well as Consulting Business so that he can help entrepreneurs through his own learnings and experience.
His motivation to create courses and coach comes from a feeling of lack of support he felt in his journey at times. The feeling changed when he met his mentor who supported him and gave him strength throughout his journey. To emulate the fulfillment his mentor received by helping entrepreneurs, he has started the same journey.
He looks forward to helping everyone achieve their potential and have a great sales career, business and life.
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"