N.A.S.M CPT Nutrition and Personal Training
What you'll learn
- You will learn is and how NASM defines nutrition terms.
- The basics of macro nutrients as NASM teaches it.
- The basics behind what metabolism is.
- Setting up a detailed food log.
- How to apply nutrition knowledge to personal training
- The importance of activity for weight loss
- Interested in health
- Want to be a personal trainer
- Want to understand how the body uses nutrients
Why is nutrition important for weight loss and passing the NASM Nutrition courses? - Why should we exercise or be active for weight loss?
- You will learn the NASM basics behind what a calorie is, and what makes up metabolism.
You will learn the NASM chapter on nutrition and how to apply it to personal training clients.
- You will also learn how to make a detailed food log for weight loss or calorie maintenance tracking.
- I will also go over my 5 simple steps for making exercise and activity effective as you begin to lose weight.
- Overall the most effective tool for anyone that wants to achieve a goal is knowledge!
Don't be fooled by brands that promise a quick fix, or claim to make it easy then sell you a product. Educate yourself and make weight loss a life long change, not just a month to month battle.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone trying to lose weight
- Trainers looking for new information or methods
- Trainers taling the NASM exam
My passion for fitness started with sports as a kid. I played baseball all through high school, it was at that time when I realized health and fitness was part of my life forever. I received an Associates degree in Exercise Science in 2009 and started training people. I quickly realized that was to be my career path, and went back to school to get my bachelors degree.
I graduated from Missouri Baptist University in 2013 with my Bachelors of Science, Health Science.
4 years college instructor at Vatterott College in the Personal Fitness Training program, and have taught many excellent students.
NASM personal trainer certified
NSAC, CSCS Certified Strength Conditioning Specialist.
10 years total personal/strength training experience
I have competed in strongman contests since 2012 and was a nationals qualifier in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
I have successfully trained countless people in my career as a trainer and coach. I can honestly say I love every minute of it.