The Joys of Photography - Complete Photography Masterclass
What you'll learn
- Consistently produce high-quality photographs like a professional
- Recognise great light and how to use it to create stunning images.
- Understand how to make a perfect exposure. How shutter speeds, aperture and ISO can be used creatively.
- Master composition and develop your unique style of photography.
- Understand each lenses personality and how to choose the best one for the job!
- Take great photos instinctively.
- You will think like a photographer.
- A love of photography at any level.
- Suitable for photographers with DSLR, Compact Digital Cameras or Camera Phones.
My name is Debbie Rowe and I'm a professional, location portrait and landscape photographer with over 20 years of experience working for magazines and organisations including The Sunday Times Travel Magazine, The Times, The Discovery Channel & Empire Magazine.
I'm really excited to announce my first online photography course 'The Joys of Photography' has just arrived on Udemy.
It's 1hr 9mins and is aimed at anyone starting off in photography/photographers who want to make the leap from amateur to professional and need to get the shot every time!
This course is from the heart, I've packed it full of genuinely useful information that I use every day. It is easy to understand, inspirational and will increase your confidence and creativity whatever your style. It's also easy to revisit, so you can go back to lessons as you get more experienced.
My aim is to get you thinking like a photographer by simplifying all the essential information you need, to take photos instinctively.
The lessons include:
What a difference great light makes and how to pick the best time of day to shoot for your subject, including: The Blue Hour, Sunrise/Sunset, The Golden Hour, Midday & Grey days.
How exposure works. Why we have shutter speeds, apertures & ISO and How exposure can be used creatively.
How to visually tell a story.
What height to hold the camera and which lens to use.
How Depth of Field can transform your photography.
10 Composition techniques that will make your images look professional, whatever your photographic style, including: The rule of thirds, framing, leading lines and shooting from different viewpoints.
You'll also understand how to bring your photos to life and draw people into your images.
I believe success comes through action, practise and having the right information. This course encourages you to live your best photographic life.
Who this course is for:
- Enthusiastic photographers, with any level of experience, who are keen to learn the skills required to produce consistently great photographs.
- Students about to embark on a photographic course who want a clear understanding in the basics of photography
- Anyone who wants to learn how to take an amazing photograph.
- Photographers who want to buy their first camera.
I'm a London based photographer and have travelled extensively with my camera for the last 15 years enjoying numerous Editorial & Travel assignments.
Having achieved a degree in photography, I cut my teeth assisting some of the most talented and technically demanding National Geographic photographers in the World.
One of the projects closest to my heart was a life-affirming photographic book, featuring 50 fabulous women over the age of 50 from all walks of life from deepest Yorkshire to the Peace Gardens of Hiroshima culminating in a launch that brought many of the women together at the House of Lords on International Women's Day.
Inspired by one of the contributors to the book, Carol Sing, I was carried away on a wave of enthusiasm which led me to Captain a relay team to swim the English Channel.