The Joy of Spanish Guitar
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 articles
- 24 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play 12 pieces of exciting Spanish Guitar Music from fiery flambouyant flamenco in pieces such as Fiesta and Grenadinas to the famous Malaguena, the romantic La Catedral and the haunting sounds of Soledad which draws on Andalucia's amazing Moorish legacy. All these pieces are exciting to play and listen to and perfect for performing to family and friends and as recital pieces in public concerts.
- A Classical Guitar is the ideal instument for this course although the 12 pieces will work ok using a 6 Steel String acoustic guitar. An ability to read standard music notation is not essential as all the music is presented in easy to understand TAB form. Each of the pieces can also be learned by following the indivdual lectures. All the music in this course music can be printed out in both forms, by clicking on RESOURCES in each of the 'Music Scores and Helpful Notes' lectures.
This course presents students with 12 pieces of recital music influenced by Spanish culture and includes Flamenco as in 'Fiesta' and 'Grenadinas' to the traditional 'Malaguena' the romantic 'La Catedral' and haunting 'Soledad' which reflects Andalucia's Moorish legacy.
At the start of this course I have presented a lecture which will teach students how to master the'Rasquerdo' the flambouyant form of strumming which makes this style of music so exciting to play. I have also added tips on how to strum effectively, achieve higher arpeggio speeds and on how to produce richer sounds by using vibrato.
- This course is designed for Classical, or even other Fingerstyle guitarists of intermediate standard who have reached a minimum Grade 4 (Associated Board or Trinity-Guildhall) level of playing. A knowledge of basic chords is an advantage.