The Inner Biz Leader(TM) Virtual Business Planning Retreat
What you'll learn
- Create your vision for your work or business over the next 12 plus months
- Create a Vision Roadmap for where you want to go
- Develop an Activity Roadmap of key activities for each month over the next 12 months
- Identify your top 3-5 key goals for the coming year
- Identify resources (WHO and WHAT) will help you be successful with your key goals
- Identify your unique strengths and values as a leader or business owner
- Undertake a SWOT to explore your strengths and weakesses along with the threats and opportunities existing in your context
- Identify your own unique ecosystem as a leader or business owner - what distinguishes you and makes you unique
- Develop and build onto a One-Page Plan for the next 12 months
- Get into action with Focus, Experimentation, Momentum and Celebration
- Identify What's Next?
- Access to any historical business data (sales, customers, trends)
- It will be useful to have uninterrupted focus to participate in the retreat - either as seven one hour blocks, two half day sessions, or one full day.
- Internet Access will be useful as there may be some additional research and online assessments you want to undertake during the retreat itself
Are you a leader or business owner looking to create a plan for the next year? The virtual business planning retreat is geared to support professionals - leaders and business owners - with an opportunity to pause, reflect and focus on developing your vision and a plan for the coming year.
This is not your typical business planning retreat! The focus of the Virtual Business Planning Retreat provides you with an opportunity to create your plan for the next year, as well as deepen awareness of your unique capabilities - your strengths, values and opportunities. We focus on your Inner Biz Leader ™- your own leadership foundations.
The program is divided into several modules. Throughout the program we explore:
- What’s your vision?
- Mapping out a Vision Roadmap(TM) and Activity Timeline for the next year
- Identifying your top 3-5 goals for the next year
- Developing Your Activity Roadmap for the Coming Year
- Creating your One Page Plan
- Who and what do you need to make this happen
- What makes you unique - Your Values
- What makes you unique - Your Strengths
- Your Context - The SWOT - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Your Unique Ecosystem
- Getting Into Action - Focus, Experimentation, Momentum, Celebration
Throughout each of the sections of the retreat there are structured activities for you to undertake, building a one-page plan for you. Supplemental materials also address topics such as partnering and collaboration, tips for effective delegation and managing interruptions.
This is not your typical business planning retreat! It's geared to focus on YOU as a leader or business owner. These activities will support you in developing your business your business vision and plan for the next year. You will leave with a foundation you can build on as you move forward. We WILL NOT be covering topics such as budgeting or marketing strategy, which you will find in other courses.
You can complete the retreat in the course of one day or over a series of multiple days or weeks.
Each module takes approximately one hour to complete, and includes audio and video components, as well as worksheets you can complete offline.
Without a plan it’s hard to know where you are going, and even harder to know if you’ve gotten there. This program is ideal for your creating your annual business plan and can be revisited quarterly.
Who this course is for:
- The Virtual Business planning retreat is geared for business leaders and owners who want an opportunity to stop, pause, and focus on identifying their goals, strengths and options.
- The emphasis in this retreat process is on YOU, what you can leverage and where you want to go!
- This is a business retreat. As such, it is as much about scheduling the time to focus on the activities geared for your business.
- The focus in the retreat is on your personal leadership foundations, and will apply to both business owners and leaders (new, experienced and aspiring)
- Two main audiences will find this program of interest - business leaders and business owners
- The retreat can be completed in one day (approximately 7-8hours) or you can spread it out over mutliple days or weeks.
- The program is geared so both leaders and owners will be able to apply the learning to their work right away
- The program will be of interest to leaders and business owners looking to build a solid foundation for their work, and want to focus on what's next for them in the next 12 months.
- The program will not be of benefit to business owners who are looking for the tactical ins and outs of building a business (cash flow, marketing etc).
- The program WILL NOT be of benefit to those who want to leave with a budget, or marketing plan in hand.
- The Inner Biz Leader Virtual Business Planning Retreat will provide you with enhanced knowledge about yourself, clarity about key activities, and 3-5 prioritized SMART-E goals for the next year.
Well known for her practical and applicable approaches with learning, Jennifer Britton is based in the Toronto, Canada. She is the author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2009) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013). For the last two and a half decades Jennifer has taught, coached, and trained professionals all over the globe. Involved in formal and informal education since the late 1980s, Jennifer has taught tens of thousands of hours at post-secondary institutions, through online programs, workshops, retreats and in classroom based training.
In 2004 Jennifer founded Potentials Realized, a Canadian-based performance improvement company dedicated to supporting leaders, teams and organizations with leadership, teamwork, and performance issues.
Leadership and teamwork are two topics Jennifer is passionate about. During the first thirteen years of her career Jennifer worked with the United Nations, and other international organizations as a Program Director and Program Manager. By the age of 26 she was leading and directing programs involving hundreds of staff and volunteers, and dozens of communities, demonstrating the real power of collaboration and teamwork. This focus on exceptional team leadership, collaboration and capacity building continues today in her training, educational programs, coaching and consulting work.
Her work today is varied including coaching teams, as well as working with new and experienced leaders including virtual team leaders. Jenn also works with solopreneurs, particularly those in the coaching and training industries, who want to create exceptional programs for their own clients. Building onto several years of teaching business studies as the post-secondary level, her work with business owners is grounded in support of creating a powerful vision, honing their leadership foundations, and creating a business that works for their needs and lifestyle.
An avid writer, Jenn leads the Teams365 blog for team leaders, and the Group Coaching Ins and Outs blog for coaches.
Starting in late 2014, Jennifer is pleased to bring the Virtual Retreat process to the on-demand platform of Udemy. In 2015, she looks forward to developing several more online courses for her two main audiences - for leaders and their teams, as well as for service based professionals (coaches, consultants and trainers). Jennifer continues to offer group coaching programs, customized training, and International Coach Federation approved Continuing Coach Education programs through Potentials Realized.
Jenn holds a Masters in Environmental Studies, a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. She is also a Professional Certified Coach, and a Certified Performance Technologist. You can visit her online at Potentials Realized or at the links below.