The Inner Biz Leader(TM) Virtual Business Planning Retreat
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 39 mins on-demand audio
- 22 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create your vision for your work or business over the next 12 plus months
- Create a Vision Roadmap for where you want to go
- Develop an Activity Roadmap of key activities for each month over the next 12 months
- Identify your top 3-5 key goals for the coming year
- Identify resources (WHO and WHAT) will help you be successful with your key goals
- Identify your unique strengths and values as a leader or business owner
- Undertake a SWOT to explore your strengths and weakesses along with the threats and opportunities existing in your context
- Identify your own unique ecosystem as a leader or business owner - what distinguishes you and makes you unique
- Develop and build onto a One-Page Plan for the next 12 months
- Get into action with Focus, Experimentation, Momentum and Celebration
- Identify What's Next?
- Access to any historical business data (sales, customers, trends)
- It will be useful to have uninterrupted focus to participate in the retreat - either as seven one hour blocks, two half day sessions, or one full day.
- Internet Access will be useful as there may be some additional research and online assessments you want to undertake during the retreat itself
Are you a leader or business owner looking to create a plan for the next year? The virtual business planning retreat is geared to support professionals - leaders and business owners - with an opportunity to pause, reflect and focus on developing your vision and a plan for the coming year.
This is not your typical business planning retreat! The focus of the Virtual Business Planning Retreat provides you with an opportunity to create your plan for the next year, as well as deepen awareness of your unique capabilities - your strengths, values and opportunities. We focus on your Inner Biz Leader ™- your own leadership foundations.
The program is divided into several modules. Throughout the program we explore:
- What’s your vision?
- Mapping out a Vision Roadmap(TM) and Activity Timeline for the next year
- Identifying your top 3-5 goals for the next year
- Developing Your Activity Roadmap for the Coming Year
- Creating your One Page Plan
- Who and what do you need to make this happen
- What makes you unique - Your Values
- What makes you unique - Your Strengths
- Your Context - The SWOT - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Your Unique Ecosystem
- Getting Into Action - Focus, Experimentation, Momentum, Celebration
Throughout each of the sections of the retreat there are structured activities for you to undertake, building a one-page plan for you. Supplemental materials also address topics such as partnering and collaboration, tips for effective delegation and managing interruptions.
This is not your typical business planning retreat! It's geared to focus on YOU as a leader or business owner. These activities will support you in developing your business your business vision and plan for the next year. You will leave with a foundation you can build on as you move forward. We WILL NOT be covering topics such as budgeting or marketing strategy, which you will find in other courses.
You can complete the retreat in the course of one day or over a series of multiple days or weeks.
Each module takes approximately one hour to complete, and includes audio and video components, as well as worksheets you can complete offline.
Without a plan it’s hard to know where you are going, and even harder to know if you’ve gotten there. This program is ideal for your creating your annual business plan and can be revisited quarterly.
- The Virtual Business planning retreat is geared for business leaders and owners who want an opportunity to stop, pause, and focus on identifying their goals, strengths and options.
- The emphasis in this retreat process is on YOU, what you can leverage and where you want to go!
- This is a business retreat. As such, it is as much about scheduling the time to focus on the activities geared for your business.
- The focus in the retreat is on your personal leadership foundations, and will apply to both business owners and leaders (new, experienced and aspiring)
- Two main audiences will find this program of interest - business leaders and business owners
- The retreat can be completed in one day (approximately 7-8hours) or you can spread it out over mutliple days or weeks.
- The program is geared so both leaders and owners will be able to apply the learning to their work right away
- The program will be of interest to leaders and business owners looking to build a solid foundation for their work, and want to focus on what's next for them in the next 12 months.
- The program will not be of benefit to business owners who are looking for the tactical ins and outs of building a business (cash flow, marketing etc).
- The program WILL NOT be of benefit to those who want to leave with a budget, or marketing plan in hand.
- The Inner Biz Leader Virtual Business Planning Retreat will provide you with enhanced knowledge about yourself, clarity about key activities, and 3-5 prioritized SMART-E goals for the next year.
Welcome to the Inner Biz Leader(TM) Virtual Business Planning Retreat. It's great to have you join us.
In this first video we start looking at what you can expect from the retreat, along with a little about the background of this program. Make sure you review the following lecture which includes our Roadmap for the course, along with the separate Lecture that includes two downloadable resources - the Program Overview, and materials you will find useful to have with you for the program.
Attached to this module is a Fillable PDF version of most, but not all, of the Worksheets for those that want to do this on computer.
This lecture provides an overview of the different sections we will explore throughout the Virtual Retreat, including What To Expect and what types of activities you will be involved in.
I close off with three questions for you to consider as you get started with the retreat. Remember to download and complete the Intiail Reflections Worksheet attached here.
This lecture provides you with an overview of the retreat including a quick roadmap of where we are going.
You can download a retreat checklist of things which will be useful to have on hand for the retreat process, as well as a timeline which you may want to follow if you are looking to do this retreat over one day.
Our second section, and the first hour of the retreat, focuses on developing your vision for the next year.
This lecture invites you to start developing your vision for the next year, and poses you with some questions to consider as a leader or business owner.
You will want to download the separate Creating Your Vision Worksheet which will be the first activity for this hour.
For those that are more auditory in learning, you may wish to download the separate Audio on Vision.
This lecture includes some resources you may be interested in further referring to around vision.
Creating a powerful vision is a central part of business success. In this module you will start to explore what your vision is for the next year.As you listen to the audio you may want to take some notes about your own vision for the coming year.
This lesson has you focus in on the Activity Roadmap(TM). You will take the activities you have identified in your Vision Timeline and put them into a framework of monthly activities. You will create clarity around you key business goals and activities every month, along with additional details and resources required. There is space on the Activity Roadmap(TM) for you to track your results as you move through the year.
This section looks at the heart of the business planning process - goals and resourcing. The first module in this section takes a look at where we are going in the next hour.
You will want to download the Top Five Goals Worksheet and also listen into the Audio - Prioritizing Your Goals.
By the end of part 1 you will have identified your top five goals which you want to place attention around this year.
Part 2 of our Goals Section, takes a look at the SMART-E framework for goal setting. Now that you have your top five goals for this coming year (or 3 years, 5 years, 10 years), you are invited to further refine these into SMART-E Goals.
You will want to download the SMART-E Goal Worksheet and use these five pages to draft out your SMART-E Goals for the year.
By the end of part 2 you will have five SMART-E goals that are specific, measurable, realistic, timebound and EXCITING for the coming year.
Building onto the top five SMART-E goals you have created, this module explores the One Page Plan, getting you to create this one pager, that is at the heart of any planning process. This module is accompanied by the One Page downloadable plan.
By the end of this module you will have started to complete your One Page Plan.
This lecture, part 4 of the goals section, turns your attention to WHO can help you in reaching your goals. Partnering and Collaboration are critical to success for business owners and leaders today. The video provides you with several questions to consider as you think about upcoming partnerships for the next year.
Your activity is also to make a list of the Top 20 people who will support you as you execute your plan.
You may also want to listen to the accompanying Partnering and Collaboration audio which also includes these questions.
By the end of part 4 Goals you will have identified your Top 20 Contacts, and top three relationships you want to place attention around this year.
In Section 5, we turn our attention to your "Inner Business Leadership", your own leadership foundations. This is the first of four sections that focus on yourself as a leader or business owner.
The What Make You Unique lecture explores what Strengths are, and why they are important in today's business context.
The activity this hour provides you with the opportunity to discover, or revisit, your strengths as a leader or business owner. You are invited to undertake the StrengthsFinder 2.0 (book needed), Entrepreneurial StrengthsFinder (book needed) or the VIA Strengths Profile (online).
By the end of this section, you will have a much clearer sense of what your strengths are.
Another downloadable resource in this section is a Baker's Dozen Plus Leadership Books (15 in total) which you may find interesting for your own personal and professional development. We touch on many of these throughout the retreat.
As leaders and business owners we operate in organizational contexts. As important as it is to know our own personal values, we also need to consider the organizational values which exist, as well as team values.
This lecture explores organizational and team values and you are invited to reflect on what these are in your context, and how aligned they are with your individual values. You will build onto the Values Worksheet started in part 1.
The SWOT is a traditional strategic planning tool which can provide us with important insights around our internal Strengths and Weaknesses as well as our external opportunities and threats. In this section you will have the opportunity to explore these four areas.
You will also want to download the SWOT Worksheet.
The SWOT will be incorporated into our next Section - the Ecosystem.
This section explores the Ecosystem, bringing together our strengths, values and what we take a "stand" for as leaders.
The section is divided into two parts - the first part looking at these first three areas.
You will need to download the Ecosystem Worksheet for your activity this hour.