What you'll learn
- Realise the joys in life they missed, are still there, waiting to be claimed - and shared
- Slow down and BE
- Bring Hygge into their life - and share it
- Holistic Medicine workbook
- Positive psychology
- How to be happy
- A willingness to slow down and enjoy life
- A willingness to take on and adopt - or adapt - new ideas
Note: This course does not qualify the recipient to perform any form of therapy or counseling for any other person
In essence, hygge is the implementation of the theory described in positive psychology. One of the most interesting things coming out of happiness research at the moment is that positive emotions drive higher levels of satisfaction than merely the absence of negative emotions. Hygge is about trying to build some positive experiences in your daily routine.
Hygge is a Danish word and is the art of creating comfort and happiness. What this course gives most of all is comfort and ease. Comfort through ideas, poems, areas to explore and the feedback from others. Confidence because the end is so worthwhile - but so is the journey. Ease because just by starting the (self) exploration and adapting you will begin to learn, to gain and to be happy(ier)
The TWELVE HOURS includes:
The Holman Protocol (as this is the international version)
How to 'do' Hygge
Hygge and happiness
10 ways to do Hygge
Dimensions of Hygge
Stress and heart disease
Hygge and sleep
Hygge and exercise
Hygge and Random Acts of Kindness
Hygge and learning to linger
Hygge and decluttering
Talking with strangers
The blogger Anna Lea West, refers to hygge as 'cosiness of the soul'. Morley College, in central London (UK) teaches students how to achieve hygge. There are students from 149 countries enrolled on my courses - and yet I am not trying to 'teach' them about hygge - I want everyone to FEEL it.
As the translator ToveMaren Stakkestad has written "Hygge is meant to be felt!."
Hygge comes from a Norwegian word meaning "wellbeing" This course exists for one simple reason: to encourage comfort, to spread happiness and thus improve wellbeing.
As part of the course there is
Homework to encourage you to put ideas into practice
Resources to enable you to apply ideas
I also encourage you to ask (and answer) questions, to make comments, to give feedback.
Participation really is the key.
The Hygge Workbook includes:
Tips on making your bedroom Hygge
Hygge course statistics
Websites and homework for Hygge (from the course)
30 days of Hygge
A 12 month Hygge
Hygge hater or lover
Hygge in the news February 2019
Hygge sleep ritual
Hygge walking meditation
New workbook on DECLUTTERING
Chapter 1 Hygge and decluttering
Chapter 2 Minimalism and Hygge: How to Get Cozy Without the Clutter
Chapter 3 Tips to get you started with decluttering
Chapter 4 Speed is everything
Chapter 5 What NOT to do
Chapter 6 Set a timetable: 30 days?
Chapter 7 30 days – an alternative timetable
Chapter 8 You want a list of tips?
Chapter 9 The best decluttering advice
Chapter 10 Some 5 minute decluttering tips
Chapter 11 The exhaustive guide
Chapter 12 Five baskets!
Chapter 13 96 clutter hacks
Chapter 14 Get rid of these!
All applying the work of Marie Kondo
New workbook added 2020: Hygge in the Summer
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is stressed in life
- Anyone who is not stressed in life but is still not happy
- Anyone who is happy in life but wants others to be happy too
- Anyone who has already enrolled on the Holman Protocol and wishes to explore the international element
- Positive psychology students
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.