The Hebrew Alphabet - Master reading and writing in Hebrew
What you'll learn
- Recognize and name all the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet.
- Distinguish cursive and print letters.
- Write simple words in Hebrew.
- Differentiate vowel sounds, called niqqud.
- Read texts with pronunciation signs.
- Confidently use 50 words.
- Download and print the practice materials included in the course.
- Get a lined notebook for taking notes throughout the lessons and for self-practice.
Shalom, everyone. Welcome to the Hebrew Alphabet course.
Are you willing to expand your knowledge of the world by mastering a new tongue?
Do you plan to visit Israel and you want to understand the basics of the language?
Do you wish to speak Hebrew and you need a solid base?
If you answered 'Yes', then this course is perfect for you as it covers the first and essential step in any language – learning the alphabet. You might think understanding Hebrew letters and reading is like rocket science, as letters look completely different and words are written from right to left but I must warn you that by the end of this course you will change your mind.
After completing the course you will know the alphabet, you will be able to pronounce all letters confidently, distinguish printed and handwritten letters, and also practice reading and writing in Hebrew.
This course will get you there, trust me.
I went through the same process of learning Hebrew, starting with the most complex step, as I thought, reading those letters. But now it seems even funny to me, as I can easily read and write in Hebrew.
If I could do it, you also can.
Let’s see how the course is built. To make learning the alphabet easier and more effective we are going to break it down in small groups. In each section, you will learn through short video-lesson, slide-presentations, and quizzes.
As you know, practice makes perfect. So every lesson is accompanied by handouts or practice materials that you should print and complete after each lesson or section of the course. Similarly to copybooks, they’re designed to provide you with extra practice of the material you’ve learned at the video lessons. Finding the time and completing the tasks will help you to master and memorize the alphabet faster.
So, let’s get started! It is the right time to learn Hebrew.
Who this course is for:
- People who are absolute beginners in Hebrew.
- People who might learn Hebrew to move to Israel.
- People who intend to use Hebrew to communicate daily.
- People of various ages who are willing to expand their knowledge of the world by learning a new language.
- People who are interested in Hebrew as it is one of the most ancient languages spoken today.
Highly educated and qualified English teacher with over 6 years of experience. Passion for teaching and effectively able to communicate with students from diverse backgrounds, nationalities and of varying ability and age. Provide positive, energized and focused classes that motivate students to perform to the best of their abilities.
I got a master's degree in Philology of Roman-Germanic languages as a specialist in translation and pedagogy in Odesa, Ukraine. In August 2015 I received a CELTA certification.
I've been working as an English teacher since 2012. Here's a list of companies I worked for:
· British Council Ukraine, Kyiv 2017-2018
· Online school Topica Native, Vietnam, Adult education 2016-2018
· Summer English Club coordinator, 2016 Yuzhny, Ukraine
· Language School Acopelo, Salvador, Brazil 2015
· International Language School, Odintsovo, Moscow 2012 - 2014
Since 2019 I've been living in Israel, Haifa. I'm absolutely fascinated with the history, culture, and language of this place. This inspired me to create a Hebrew language course using my knowledge and skills in teaching and pedagogy.