Connecting well with people can be a limitless source of togetherness, love, support, understanding, healing, transformation... We are not meant to be alone in this world despite the universal loneliness we all know and experience. And while there are obstacles in connecting and understanding each other well, all it takes to overcome them is to commit to what brings us together. And what brings us together are human feelings and needs. They are the universal language of humanity and the one we need to return to anytime disagreement, conflict, tension or disconnection are present.
The HeArt of Human Connectedness is centered around understanding the dynamics of human feelings and needs in the way we relate to ourselves and others. Through lectures and plenty of exercises and examples it strives to make it possible for each learner to incorporate the beauty of listening to connect, the power that comes from owning our emotions and the nurturing that aligning to our needs offers.
The course is a combination of lectures, examples and questions for self-exploration.
By the end of the course you will:
- know how to explore your inner world by focusing on your feelings and your needs;
- learn to recognise your emotions and understand the roots of your experiences;
- know the process of empathy to self where emotions are messengers from the world of our needs;
- know how to communicate and invite depth in your interactions and relationships with people;
- know how to access your needs and how to take needs aligned decisions and choices in your life;
- have a step by step approach to initiate and lead difficult conversations;
- start your practice of blame and judgment free language;
- have clear guidelines how to ask empathy questions and how to bring emotions and needs in the way you relate;
- become more sensitive about your own boundaries and the boundaries of others and become more respectful of both.