The Growth Hacker Interviews
- Willingness to be Awesome
NEED TO GROW YOUR STARTUP?
Learn what Dropbox, Twitter, Expedia & other successful startups do to acquire millions of users. Early in a startup you need one thing. Growth.
A growth hacker is not a replacement for a marketer. A growth hacker is not better than marketer. A growth hacker is just different than a marketer. To use the most succinct definition, “a growth hacker is a person whose true north is growth.“
Episodes are led by growth hackers from Facebook, Dropbox, LinkedIn, & Expedia among many, and used at over 30 accelerators like Y Combinator, 500 Startups, & TechStars.
LEARN FROM 13 GROWTH HACKER TV EXCLUSIVES - HUSTLERS DON'T WATCH CABLE
If you are interested in learning more about growth hacking, becoming a growth hacker, or just growing your startup, then welcome to Growth Hacker TV. To begin, we recommend watching our episodes with the experts below:
1) Steve Blank (Startup Legend)
Steve Blank is a legend in the startup ecosystem. His online course on entrepreneurship has over 100,000 students, and in this interview he teaches us how to use customer development to make customer acquisition easier.
2) Neil Patel (KISS Metrics, Quicksprout)
Neil Patel is the co-founder of KISSmetrics, an analytics provider that helps companies make better business decisions. He is also the co-founder of CrazyEgg, and writes a popular blog at Quick Sprout.
3) Archie Abrams (Growth, Udemy)
Archie is the Director of Growth at Udemy, and he is an expert at data analysis, PPC, SEO, viral acquisition, email marketing, A/B testing, and copywriting.
4) Dan Martell (Clarity)
Dan is an investor. a serial entrepreneur, and the founder of Clarity, a startup that allows you to connect with experts so that you can make faster and better decisions to grow your business. Dan is an expert on product growth hacking.
5) Rob Walling (Hittail, SoftwarebyRob)
Rob has been building web applications professionally for 12 years, and has worked as a consultant, a freelance developer, the development manager for the City of Pasadena, and a team lead for the world’s largest prepaid credit card company. Rob lives and works
6) Gabe Zichermann (Gamification)
Gabe is the author of numerous books, a public speaker, a startup mentor, and a conference organizer, and each of these roles stem from his passion for gamification. He is recognized as a pioneer in the gamification industry.
TESTIMONIALS (aka THIS STUFF WORKS)
We’ve also received countless tweets and emails from our users, telling us what they think of Growth Hacker TV:
- “Growth Hacker + TV = Hell Yeah” Shane Barker
- “This is how to do a publishing company in 2013: Growth Hacker TV” Dylan Hassinger
- “The future of TV is this: Growth Hacker TV “ James Deer
LOOK INSIDE THE CONTENT
The fact with Growth is that not all methods will work for every startup. Growth Hacker TV will help you find the approaches that will work for your startup.
If you want to see some examples of the different disciplines that are involved in growth, we have broken them down for you to preview:
7) Sean Ellis (Qualaroo, first marketer at Dropbox)Sean actually coined the term "Growth Hacker" and he has led marketing at multiple companies that have had an IPO. In this episode we talk about his new company, Qualaroo, and we find out what he's learned about growth through all of his experiences.
|- On Product / Market Fit||- Define Product Market Fit|
|-The importance of a “Must Have” product||- Advice for startups with a MVP|
|- How to uncover the must have experience||- How do you Measure Intent?|
|- Defining Promises and Hooks||- About Optimizing Flows for Experience|
|- Desire Friction = Conversion Rate||- Scaling Growth|
|- Growth Hacking Channels Explained||- Customer Acquisition Channels|
|- Free, Paid and Disruptive||- Best Advice to any startup|
8) Aaron Ginn, (Growth, StumbleUpon)Aaron applies his study of people and metaphysics to marketing, product development, and entrepreneurship. His approach is product driven, data inspired, and cross-disciplinary (philosophy and behavioral economics).
|- How Growth Hacking came to be?||- Channel Instability and Channel Saturation|
|- Best Product Fallacy||- Product Growth Fit On RDIO and Spotify|
|- Definition of a Growth Hacker||- Self-Sustaining Product Marketing for Saas|
|- SaaS that has grown in a remarkable way||- Most Challenging Growth Hacks|
|- Growth Hacker Right-Left Brain / Creativity||- Using Gamification for StumbeUpon|
|- Strategies for Gamification||- Are Growth Tactics Transferrable?|
|- Acquisition and Engagement||- The best advice to a Growth Hacker|
9) Mike Volpe, (CMO, Hubspot)Mike was the 5th employee at HubSpot (which now has over 500 employees) and he currently serves as the CMO. Mike is an expert on inbound marketing, and he has built a scalable, inbound lead generation machine for HubSpot.
|- Hubspot’s Growth from 10 to 8,500||- What's the weakest part of a Company?|
|- Inbound marketing vs. traditional marketing?||- mistakes of Inbound Marketing?|
|- Why Inbound Marketing Works||- How important is a brand to strategy?|
|- What he would do Day1 on a new startup?||- The Future of Marketing?|
|- The next thing for Inbound Marketing?||- The Best Advice for Startups|
10) Conrad Wadowski, (Partner, GrowHack)Conrad is a partner at the world's first growth hacking agency. In this episode he gives us a clear view of the lean marketing funnel that he uses, and he teaches us the highlights from his course on customer acquisition.
|- What is a Growth Agency?||- What companies are poised for growth?|
|- Why Growth is a Process||- User Acquisition for Growth Framework|
|- Building Viral Feedback Loops||- Reasons for Sharability|
|- Focus on Acquisition Customer / Visitor||- Retention Percentages Using A/B Tests|
|- Most Valuable Marketing Channels||- Conversion Optimization|
|- How Enterprise Companies Apply Growth||- Using Meetup|
|- Growing startups have in common?||- Core Values Best Growth Hack?|
11) Georgiana Laudi (Director of Marketing, Unbounce)Georgiana is the Director of Marketing at Unbounce, which helps you build, publish & A/B test landing pages without I.T. so that you can Increase the ROI of your marketing campaigns.
|- On Leaky Buckets?||- Efforts to ramp up the Growth?|
|- On using Ebook creation||- On Growth Hacking|
|- Blog Posts / Guest Posts||- Single Most Successful Thing Done?|
|- SEO for Content||- What’s Next for your Growth?|
|- Surprises on Marketing||- Advice for Growth Hacker|
12) Eric Siu, (Growth Lead, Treehouse)Eric Siu is an expert on SEO, and he leads growth at Treehouse, which brings affordable technology education to people everywhere, in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world.
|- Growth Results Achieved?||- Strategies on what makes a blog work?|
|- Other channels for Growth||- Thoughts on Landing Pages|
|- Future of Growth||- Tools for Tracking Data|
|- What is Growth Hacking?||- How do you become a Growth Hacker?|
13) Chris Rodriguez, (Growth, Speek)
Chris is the growth lead for Speek, which is a super simple, visual and free conference calling. Use a personal link instead of a phone number and PIN for conference calls.
|- Dave Mclure’s Interest||- Dave Mclure's Pirate Strategy (AARRR)|
|- Other channels that perform well?||- All about the User|
|- Retention is Key||- Using Email / Copywriting|
|- Email Marketing Tools / Strategies||- Analyzing the Competition|
|- Metrics and Measurement||- On Capturing Data|
|- Resource to stay on top the game||- Initial User Acquisition Activities|
|- Public Relations Process||- Best Advice for Growth Hackers|
WHO SHOULD USE THIS COURSE?
When you watch Growth Hacker TV you are in good company because over 30 of the most important accelerators and incubators in the world provide their startups with access to the same content.
If you identify with any of the following roles then Growth Hacker TV is definitely for you:
|- Founders / Entrepreneurs||- Venture Capitalists|
|- Chief Marketing Officers||- Directors of Marketing|
|- VP of Marketing||- Growth Leads|
|- Growth Engineers||- Growth Hackers|
|- VP of Growth||- Incubators / Accelerators|
|- Designers / UI+UX Experts||- Startup Engineers|
|- Product Managers||- Data Scientist|
|- Anyone trying to grow a startup...|
Who this course is for:
- Startup Engineers
- Venture Capitalists
- Directors of Marketing
- Data Scientist
- Incubators / Accelerators
- Growth Leads
- VP of Growth
- VP of Marketing
- Product Managers
Bronson Taylor is a serial entrepreneur, startup advisor, instructor, author, and the host and co-founder of Growth Hacker TV, where the experts on startup growth reveal their secrets. His products have been featured on Mashable, ReadWrite, The Next Web, and many other places.
"Bronson Taylor has the antidote for the hype." -Ernst-Jan Pfauth, Editor in Chief at The Next Web
GrowthHackerTV is an educational resource for startups to acquire, monetize, and grow a user base. Episodes are led by growth hackers from Facebook, Dropbox, LinkedIn, & Expedia among many, and used at 30+ accelerators like Y Combinator, 500 Startups, & TechStars.