The Freelance Masterclass: For Creatives
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 27 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to Create A Steller Portfolio in both PDF, Online Formats
- Learn how to find Clients both Online and Offline
- You will learn how to build Upwork profile together
- Learn the power of personal freelance branding
- Learn how to write your profile bio and story that drives clients to action
- Learn how to create business cards and letterheads and how to brainstorm your personal branding ideas
- How to comfortably price projects using both an hourly and fixed rate methods
- Review different client situations and how to navigate them
- Figuring out when the right time is to go Full-time freelance
- How to balance your cash flow
- You will understand freelancing contracts and learn how to modify one for your client work
- Find your Target Market and Create your services list
- Learn how to post projects on Behance and understand Wordpress template basics
- Build a portfolio using Adobe Portfolio
- No requirements or software are necessary to take this course, just an open mind and a willingness to learn!
Are you ready to go freelance? Or are you wanting to learn everything about how to become a successful freelancer? Interested in going from part-time to full-time or wanting to explore this is a viable career option?
This course has a special focus on creative freelancers or anyone who uses their creative skillsets in their craft. This includes:
Anyone who has creative skills that wants to go freelance
Although everyone can get a ton out of this class, even if you do not use creative talents in your line of work.
This extensive course reviews all aspects of the freelancing process including:
Setting Our Goals
Writing our Story, Bios, Profiles, Mission Statements
Finding Our Target Market
Going through the Personal Freelance Branding Process
Brainstorming Logo Ideas and Talking About Color
Creating Our Business Cards and Letterheads
Building our Portfolios both Online and PDF portfolios
Finding Clients Online
Finding Clients Offline
Building an Upwork Profile Together
Walking through Hourly and Fixed Rate Pricing
Finding our Perfect Hourly Rate
Working through Practice Quotes
Creating a Contract and talking about Contract Basics
Finding out when to go Full-time
Working with Money and our Cash Flow
Reviewing many different Client Situations, we can be in and how to handle them
We will craft our freelancing story together to write effective bios, marketing copy and write a compelling mission statement. We will learn what goes into powerful personal freelance branding. We will work through the brainstorming of a logo design, the creation of a letterhead and business card and learn how to create and use branded assets to make yourself look incredibly professional and consistent.
We will learn the power of stellar portfolios and how to best present your work in several different formats including a pdf portfolio and a website-based portfolio. We even review how to post your work to third party websites like behance.
Finding clients is the hardest part of freelancing. We will spend plenty of time reviewing the many different ways to secure clients online, offline and on social media. We will learn to write fantastic bios and profile descriptions to present ourselves in the best way possible to potential clients. We even spend time creating an UpWork profile and lean how to use freelancer websites to find work.
Pricing your work is essential to maximizing your earnings as a freelancer. We will learn several different ways to price your work. We will go over the benefits and downsides to both hourly and fixed rate pricing. We find ways to help us create accurate and profitable quotes and even work through several practice quotes to get comfortable pricing our work.
After finding clients, sometimes working with clients can be just as challenging. We will learn how to create contracts that properly protect us and talk about upfront deposits, project scope and more. We even work through a contract together and I provide a basic contract as a downloadable resource.
We will work through several negative client’s situations and talk about best ways to navigate those common client issues. Finally, we work through copyright issues as we review best practices for using fonts, photos and graphic resources for client work and projects.
Managing your income and cashflow is vital to your success. We will discuss when might be the right time for you to move from part-time to full-time freelance and maybe even quit your job! We also review cash flow basics and how to properly manage your income from month to month.
This course is dynamic and there will be additional content added to the course.
And speaking of downloadable resources, this course has more than all my prior classes combined with over 100 pages of written content downloadable in nice bite sized resources that go along with each section so you can work through the class with videos and with resources to adding another level of engagement to the class.
Are you ready to start adding value to the world you never thought was possible? Are you ready to be your own boss or make your current freelancing side gig a bigger deal? I am more than excited and proud to present this freelance masterclass to you today.
The best thing we can as freelancers is stay in community with each other, that is why all students of this course will have access to an exclusive student Facebook group where we can support each other, ask questions and thrive together!
So, are you ready to open up your world to freelancing? See you in the first lesson!
- Creative Freelancers
- Graphic Designers
- Digital Designers
- Web designers
- UX/UI designers
- Anyone with creative skills wanting to go freelance
- Those who are part-time wanting to go full-time
- Those who have yet to build their freelance business