How to Prevent Food Poisoning using The Food Safety Pillars
What you'll learn
- Implement the correct cleaning and sanitising procedures
- Identify the critical, major and minor risks in the kitchen
- Develop cleaning schedules
- Ensure good personal hygiene
- Store foods safely, free of potential contamination
- Understand why foods need to be kept at certain temperatures
- Handle food preparation correctly. Free of food poisoning risks
- Certificate of Completion supporting your food safety training
- There are no pre-requisites, however you should be in the food industry in order for this course to be applicable.
(NEW UPDATES : include an additional +1hour of lectures and topics)
This course will introduce you to the basic principles of Hygiene and Food Safety in the kitchen. You will learn how to develop the fundamental aspects of a food safety system by ensuring that Awareness, Understanding and Implementation take place in the correct order so that a solid foundation for safe food can be built.
In this course you will learn:
Why food safety is important
Understand food poisoning and how foods can get contaminated
Bacteria, and the most common food poisoning micro-organisms
What systems you can put into place to prevent food poisoning.
Prevent food poisoning by using the food safety pillars:
How to clean and sanitise correctly
The importance of hand washing and personal hygiene
How to store foods in a fridge safely as well as the correct way to keep dry foods.
The importance of temperature control in food safety
How to handle food in your kitchen by avoiding cross-contamination, defrosting, cooling and reheating of foods.
What the basic documents needed are, to ensure a good system is in place.
If food safety is not being monitored, there can be no management.
Finally this course will help you monitor important food safety areas so that you can manage your food safety with peace of mind.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in the food industry, or those interested in making safe food at home
Having been in the Hygiene & Food Safety consulting business for over 10 years, conducting well over 10 000 hours of audits within a variety of clients ranging from catering, retail, restaurants and hotels. I have seen most of what a kitchen does in terms of hygiene and food safety (the best and the worst).
I believe that sharing knowledge in awareness,understanding and implementation of hygiene and food safety is key to developing a food safety system that will be effective, efficient and sustainable.
I am the author of The Food Safety Pillars : An Introduction to Hygiene & Food Safety. You can find my book in ebook format or in paper back on Amazon.