The Essentials of Feedback & Performance Management
What you'll learn
- How to build trust within teams, within organizations, or as a new manager.
- Verbal, group, and digital communication skills associated with performance management and giving and soliciting feedback.
- Specific modalities for soliciting and giving feedback (e.g. group feedback, digital feedback, one-on-ones, coaching, and more).
- The fundamentals of people operations, people analytics, and the movement towards continuous feedback and continuous performance improvement practices.
- No prerequisites needed!
This course is used at Citibank®, Yelp!®, Oracle®, and other leading organizations.
Version 3.2: Fresh for 2022
5/5 Stars: "Great course, short so easy to binge watch. Very practical and detailed examples and situations." - Audrey Morcos
5/5 Stars: "This was a very insightful course. The most valuable segments were the role playing examples and the Shane Stanford interview. Lots of practical things to unpack and implement from there." - Joe Battaglia
Give Constructive Feedback, Build High Performance Teams, and Continuously Improve
Develop superior communication skills and highly effective feedback strategies, including productive methods for leading group meetings, giving constructive feedback, creating a collaborative team culture, and promoting continuous improvements in performance.
Great Feedback Skills Make You a Much Better Leader
One of the most critical skills in business – and in life – is the ability to give, receive, and use feedback effectively – and that’s borne out by research. According to a 2019 study published in the Harvard Business Review, internal trust is the #1 predictor of team effectiveness.
This course is designed for all result-oriented professionals, including senior managers, shift leaders, new team members, start-up teams, and freelancers. Now you can achieve next-level expertise in feedback, communication, and team building? With this course, you can:
Discover how the world’s leading companies attract and keep talent
Unlock the secrets of working with a wide variety of personalities
Dramatically increase your communication skills across all scenarios
Build a deeper level of trust and connection with your co-workers
Learn exactly how and when to give feedback for maximum impact
Create a “continuous feedback culture” inside your organization
Multiply your results with “people operations” and “people analytics”
Effective Communication is the Key to Positive Performance
For lasting success, it’s important not only to communicate, but to communicate exceptionally well. Respected leaders don’t just give feedback, they give the right feedback, in the right way, at the right time. Company founders serve their teams best by focusing on performance management, always seeking new ways to uplift and inspire the people around them.
That’s what this remarkable course is all about. The methods outlined here have proven highly effective across all industries, across organizations of all structures and sizes, and across all geographies. Apply the methods to your own unique situation, and build your own skill set step-by-step with an interactive learning series that is divided into five distinct sections.
In section one of the course, you’ll get specific, actionable strategies for building trust inside teams – strategies that you can start using right away. This section includes a variety of helpful tools, from formal psychological analyses to fun, collaborative games taught at comedy schools to foster on-stage communication. Bottom line is, trust is the biggest key to team performance.
In section two of the course, you’ll learn the communication skills that are 100% necessary if productive feedback is going to be possible. You’ll find out what good feedback looks and sounds like, how to solicit feedback, what growth-oriented communication is, and how to steer conversation that allow you to be a stronger and more attuned leader and manager.
In section three of this course, you learn about specific forms of feedback. You’ll discover how to use group feedback effectively…how to use digital mediums (e.g. messaging apps or email) for feedback…how to lead performance reviews and performance improvement talks…and much more. You’ll be supported by an easy-to-follow structure as you build these skills.
In section four of this course, you’ll see the feedback methods you’ve learned put into action with examples and role-playing exercises, performed on screen. This handy learning reference will be available any time you need it!
In the fifth section of the course, you’ll learn the most rapid and effective prescription for improving performance in a constantly-changing world. It’s called “continuous feedback” and companies like Google and Proctor & Gamble are using it with outstanding success. You’ll learn the foundational principles of “people operations”, “people analytics”, and much, much more.
Once you complete the course, you’ll receive a verifiable certificate and gain access to a suite of support resources from the team at Eazl.
Who is the target audience?
Team leaders and managers aspiring to greater team success
Professionals looking to develop more finely-tuned “soft skills
Startup teams wanting to build clarity and momentum
Freelancers seeking for help managing clients effectively
Team members working for higher responsibility and pay
Since giving you the most possible value is so important to us, Eazl is offering this course with our 30-day guarantee. If you’re not totally wowed by the content, feel free to ask for a refund. We will give you one immediately, no questions asked. Sound good?
Content Upgrade Journal:
• Version 3.2 (January 2022): In this upgrade, we've added professionally-developed English-language subtitles. This will be a great addition for our ESL learners!
• Version 3.1 (November 2021): In this upgrade, we've added a suite of "Voices from the Field" videos, which is a lecture format that presents answers to feedback-related questions from a variety of people who work in management back-to-back to one another. See how the featured professionals differ in their approaches so that you can improve you own ways of addressing feedback-related challenges!
• Version 3 (November 2020): In this update, you'll find additional content in your course related to the Coronavirus pandemic, and a new cloud-based resource. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is quickly changing how we work. So, we offer some summarized findings for you related to how Coronavirus is likely to impact employee engagement within your organization. Additionally, you now have access to an updated guide on using the Meyers Briggs (MBTI) method to help you decode the work personalities of you and your colleagues. We've also added new resources related to gathering and using workplace data (continuous feedback) for you. We hope you enjoy version 3 of the course!
• Version 2 (November 2019): This course now features professionally-developed closed captions in Polish! We're thrilled that so many leading Polish organizations participate in this course. We're also adding the ability for you to get a custom, hosted, and verifiable Feedback and Performance Management certificate when you finish 100% of the course. Enjoy the update!
Who this course is for:
- Team leaders and managers aspiring to greater team success
- Professionals looking to develop more finely-tuned “soft skills
- Startup teams wanting to build clarity and momentum
- Freelancers seeking for help managing clients effectively
- Team members working for higher responsibility and pay
Davis Jones is the Chief Learning Officer for Eazl, a business school whose courseware is used by organizations like Tesla®, Harvard, the World Bank, and Lyft® and more than 250,000 students worldwide. Mr. Jones also participated in the Harvard University Graduate School of Education Leaders of Learning program in 2018.
Mr. Jones began his career in digital education following the publication of Career Hacking in 2014. Today, it is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet and is integrated into undergraduate and graduate-level programs at the University of San Francisco, EDHEC Business School, Sonoma State University, and other colleges and universities in the US and abroad. Following the publication of Career Hacking™, Mr. Jones negotiated commissions for Eazl to produce courseware on digital marketing, digital customer service, and multiple other business topics. Today, this courseware is used by organizations in both the private (e.g. Tesla®, PayPal®) and public (e.g. the World Bank) sectors.
Mr. Jones earned undergraduate (economics) and graduate (MBA) degrees from traditional universities. He is also a committed lifelong learner. In addition to his participation in the Harvard Graduate School of Education Leaders of Learning program, Mr. Jones has earned credentials from New York Museum of Modern Art® (Teaching with Themes), Udemy® (Trademark Law), and independent learning organizations (Yes I’m a Designer™ / Adobe Illustrator®).
Andy is a serial entrepreneur, digital marketer, business advisor, and professional musician.
Andy was the COO and co-founder of SocialKaty, a digital media firm in Chicago, Illinois. Under Andy's leadership, the company experienced rapid growth leading to an acquisition by user experience firm, Manifest. He helped hundreds of companies like Spartan Race, AAA, and Ty build innovative digital strategies to translate loyal fan bases into new customer growth.
Prior to SocialKaty, Andy co-founded SocialDevCamp as a three-day summer camp for web entrepreneurs. He was responsible for operations, customer acquisition, and marketing for the +500 attendee event with visitors from around the globe.
Andy is also an active percussionist with over 20 years of performance experience. He currently is the drummer for Chicago based synth-pop group, Small Tines, and is the percussionist for Charlotte based songwriter, Phil Lomac.
Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received more than 20,000 5-star reviews. Today, Eazl courseware helps teams at Tesla®, PayPal®, Lyft®, Apple®, Adidas®, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations make faster progress on their goals.
Zero PowerPoint policy: You will never see a PowerPoint presentation in an Eazl course. Instead, you'll find fun, interactive courseware featuring animated content created by tasteful designers (not an automated doodle drawing program), interviews with practitioners in the field, exercises that give you a chance to apply what you're learning in real time, and other interesting educational modalities.
Cutting-edge learning science: Our goal is to enable you to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible--and to remember what you've learned. So, we've partnered with learning scientists to leverage digital teaching practices that help us help you learn, and retain, information quickly.
Resources to take with you: Your learning experiences with Eazl includes many cloud-hosted resources that you can access on any device at any time. For example, maybe you used a template in one of your Eazl courses... that template will be available to you in the cloud at any time! So, next time you're at work and you need to get something done fast, your Eazl resources are right there with you.
Debt-free education for all: You will not go into debt learning with Eazl. We strive to provide you with cutting-edge, world-class courseware that's so affordable that you don't have to think twice about taking the next step towards your professional goals by learning with us.
Thanks for learning with us!