The Essential A3 Problem Solving Course
What you'll learn
- How to solve problems in your personal and professional life using the popular A3 Problem Solving method.
- How to correctly identify both problems and opportunities.
- How to use Root Cause Analysis to identify the real cause of problems.
- How to identify and select the appropriate solutions to problems.
- How to implement solutions in a typical organisation
On this course you will learn how to solve problems in a logical and structured manner.
Following the popular A3 problem-solving methodology, this course will benefit you in both your personal and professional life.
Good problem-solving skills are essential for getting ahead in many organisations, especially as we look to the future where robotics will play an increasing role in performing repetitive tasks.
Through the engaging videos, quizzes, and case study Gavin will teach you:
· What problems and opportunities are
· How to use the A3 problem solving template to structure your thinking.
· How to identify problems and opportunities
· How to define a clear and concise problem statement
· How to define the objectives and scope of your problem-solving initiative
· How to define meaningful metrics to assess and track the problem or opportunity
· How to analyse a problem to identify the root causes
· How to identify and prioritise solutions to the problem
· How to implement the solutions in a typical organisation
This course includes:
Video lecture per module
Printable slides per module (PDF)
Short quiz per module
A3 Problem Solving template (Microsoft PowerPoint)
End of course case study
Gavin has extensive experience building learning and continuous improvement cultures in financial services organisation, both in the UK and South Africa. He has spent several years teaching Operational Excellence to MBA students at South Africa’s leading university business school. Throughout the course, Gavin shares real examples and stories to enhance the learning experience.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn essential problem solving skills to apply in their personal or professional life.
I am a recognised expert in Operational Excellence, Lean Six Sigma, and A3 Problem Solving. I have been responsible for establishing the process improvement & innovation capability at numerous large financial services organisations. I have also spent several years lecturing MBA students on Operational Excellence at South Africa's leading business school.
I am currently working as a Process Improvement Manager / Business Architect at London's leading insurance marketplace.
Over the past 10 years of Operational Excellence consulting, I have developed my own series of Operational Excellence managers courses. As these were originally designed for class-room delivery, I am now in the process of further developing them for eLearning training.