The Essential Guide to Airtable
- A browser (preferably Google Chrome)
This course is perfect for those who want to quickly get up and running in Airtable. We tackle the fundamentals of Airtable through various examples. So whether you're a solo entrepreneur trying to minimize the cost of software to run your business, a marketing team trying to stay on top of the your editorial calendar or anyone in between, this course is for you.
We'll start nice and slow working with one table. We'll learn how we can turn into a calendar to see upcoming deadlines, a Kanban board to visualize our work and a form to make it easier to add data. Once we've mastered one table, we'll learn how we can manage data in multiple tables exploring how we can take data from one table to another.
Within 2 hours, we'll go from zero to hero in Airtable. In every section, I use a different example so you can see all of the possibilities in Airtable. Examples include a hiring pipeline, an editorial calendar, a feature backlog and a sales pipeline.
Note that this course is recorded in the recently redesigned Airtable layout.
Why learn Airtable?
Part spreadsheet, part database, and entirely flexible, high-performing teams use Airtable to organize their work their way. With millions of users already throwing out clunky Excel sheets for useful Airtable bases, knowledge of this software will eventually become expected in the workplace. Why not learn it now?
- Anyone that wants to stop using clunky Excel sheets for things Excel was never meant to do
- An entrepreneur or small team looking to organize any part of their work to increase efficiency and collaboration
- Instructor intro
- Editorial Calendar
- Sales pipeline
- Signing up to Airtable
- Creating our first base
- Completing our first base
- Introduction to the Formula Field Type
- Exporting/Importing Bases
- Making sense of our data with Filters
- Managing our data with Groups
- Sorting our data
- Introduction to Views
- Making work visible with the Kanban View
- Easier data entry with the Form View
- See deadlines coming with the Calendar View
- Sharing Views & Access in Airtable
- First linked record
- Linking one field to many fields
- Pull data from a linked record with the Lookup field type
- Summarize pulled in data with the Count and Rollup field types
- What's in the paid versions of Airtable?
- Visualizing data & more with blocks
- Styling records and views
Aron here! My passion is helping people automate the boring parts of their work so they can spend more time doing what they love. In that quest, I've helped hundreds of people learn different tech tools through in person lunch & learn and events. I hope my Udemy classes is my attempt to bring those learnings easily accessible to all.
I hope you'll enjoy my classes. If you do - or don't - I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.