The Essential Android O Developer Course (Java)
What you'll learn
- Create and Run your first mobile application
- Write Efficient and High Quality Android applications
- Understand how to compile and test Android Applications using Android Studio
- Learn all aspects of Android development from beginner topics to advanced
- Learn how to Design and Implement Graphical User Interfaces in Android
- Learn how to integrate databases into an android application to store persistent data
- Learn how to submit apps to the Google Play Store and generate revenue with ads and in-app purchases
- Learn about using Fragments for dynamic User Interfaces with multiple screen sizes
- Understand how to implement mobile apps using the Java Programming Language
- Learn Many more Android concepts!!!
- A computer running Microsoft Windows, Linux or the Mac operating systems
- Students should have at least 4GB of ram on their computer
Students will learn to program mobile applications using the Java programming language on an Android platform. This will include covering such topics as: the Android Life Cycle, Android Resources, User Interface Design and Implementation, User Interface Controls such as buttons and textfields, Database Interaction, Location Based services, Maps, the Google Play Services APIs, Firebase,Fragments, and various other topics. This course helps students understand the Android platform and its various Application Programming Interfaces. By the end of this course you will be able to write your own Android applications using all aspects of the Android Platform and its API. You will be able to submit your apps to the Google Play Store and understand how to monetize your app
If you have previously used Java on an Android platform, I'm sure this course will deepen your understanding of it. If you have never used it, no problem, you will see that there is a viable alternative to the ubiquitous IOS and iPhone development.
Throughout the course, you can always contact me personally to get help when you're stuck. I check the discussions regularly to help you at every step along the way.
Lastly, this course is constantly updated and refined based on student feedback. I really appreciate each and every of my students so I listen to your feedback and act on it.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who would like to create android mobile applications with either no previous experience or very little.
I have been teaching students for over 12 years via online classes at over 10 different online Universities. I have created many different class curriculums, ranging from mobile programming to bash scripting to Object-Oriented Design. I have also instructed over 20 different Computer Science related classes. I have been developing software for over 16 years in the real world at various companies, specializing in Object-Oriented Development and Mobile Applications. I have been programming Android Applications since 2010.
I love teaching classes at Udemy and other online universities. In addition to teaching, I also currently have a full-time job as a Software Developer at a fortune 500 company.
When I graduated from high school, I enrolled at SUNY Oswego and received a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Once I finished, I worked very briefly and then decided to get a M.S. in Computer Science from Binghamton University. I greatly enjoyed my college experience and would like to help others enjoy learning as much as I did. I think learning online is a great medium and really enjoy teaching others.