The English of Insurance
What you'll learn
- Learn useful and essential English vocabulary and phrases used in the insurance industry
- Learn technical terms valuable for discussing insurance policies
- Learn the English language of insurance and reinsurance contracts
- Learn how to describe an insurance policy from conception to maturity in English
- Learn the English used to identify the different types of insurance
- Practise your English insurance skills with hundreds of targeted exercises
- An intermediate level of English (B2 or higher)
This course includes 7 modules, which all focus on the English language used in the insurance industry. The course is divided into the following sections: The Life of a Policy, Types of Insurance, General Insurance, Savings & Pensions, Life & Health, Reinsurance, and Contracts. Each course has a training video and self-correcting exercises.
The content has been written by an insurance professional who is also a qualified business English trainer. The training videos are presented by a professional actor.
Improve your English skills in this broad industry sector. You will learn some of the terminology used to describe the different types of insurance. You will gain an understanding of the various branches of insurance and their characteristics.
In the section detailing the life of a policy, you will gain an understanding of some of the steps involved in producing an insurance policy, while at the same time learning new English terms and phrases.
The module on the English of Insurance Contracts focusses on the complicated language of legal insurance documents. Here we cover subjects including common contract clauses, insurance contract terms, and the principles of insurance.
The Savings and Pensions section will help most international professionals working in finance. Study phrases used in investment products, endowment policies, interest, tax relief and maturity, retirement planning, annuities, and pensions.
These insurance English courses will give you the context and pronunciation of those business terms you need to use every day.
Sign up today and start speaking more accurately straight away!
Who this course is for:
- Insurance professionals looking to perfect their English
- International students studying insurance or finance
- Business people working in English who deal with any insurance products
I worked in international reinsurance, medical underwriting and risk selection for ten years in London and Paris before spending five years as Director of Operations of an insurance company in France. Since 2007 I have been drawing on this background – and my own experience of learning French and German in-company – to write and deliver face-to-face courses for individuals and groups as well as on-line training content.
Having studied economics at university, I have since achieved a WSET Level 3 qualification, a professional business English training certificate from Trinity College London, and worked as an English language trainer in large corporations and universities.
Teaching is my passion, and I love using my unique experience to help students achieve their goals.