Leadership: The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
What you'll learn
- Discover ways of working with emotional intelligence that lead to better outcomes with the people that you are responsible for
- Determine the best ways to manage and work with energy by utilising sources of energy to support energy dimensions
- Explore behavioral preferences and how to work with others with different preferences
- Determine how people would benefit from a coaching approach in changing circumstances
- Examine your mode and style of leadership and what you need to do to get the most out of difficult situations
- Recognise the importance of conflict and how you can work with it to build relationships
- Appraise your social skills and your emotional intelligence
- Differentiate your leadership capabilities through the application of emotional intelligence
- Develop an understanding of the value of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and its application in leadership
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively
- Keenness to learn about emotionally intelligent leadership and how to adapt your approach in different circumstances
- You should have a willingness to complete the practical activities to grow and develop your leadership and your emotional intelligence skills
Emotional Intelligence is the strongest driver of leadership and personal excellence.
Leaders with high levels of emotional intelligence earn $29K more in salary than those with low levels of emotional intelligence
Every point increase in EQ (emotional quotient) is equivalent to $1,300 in annual salary.
As a leader you are responsible for generating trust, building authentic relationships and effective teams. It is vital that you lead by example and inspire excellence in others.
This course will help you to develop and apply your emotional intelligence skills as a leader. You will learn more about your mode and style of leadership to grow other people, enhance their performance and personal satisfaction.
People often talk about positive and negative emotions. This is not that helpful as emotions cannot really be labelled in that way. The course also covers the myths around positive and negative emotions and why this terminology is not appropriate when working to understand emotions and emotional intelligence in the workplace as a leader.
By completing this course, you will be able to
Discover ways of working with emotional intelligence that lead to better outcomes with the people that you are responsible for
Appraise your social skills and your emotional intelligence
Recognise behavioral preferences and how to work with others with different preferences
Examine your mode and style of leadership and what you need to do to get the most out of difficult situations
Investigate ways that you are utilising and balancing your energy for maximum efficiency
Determine the best ways to manage and work with energy by utilising sources of energy to support energy dimensions
Determine how people would benefit from a coaching approach in changing circumstances
Recognise the importance of conflict and how you can work with it to build relationships
Identify ways to work with expressed emotions in empathetic and meaningful ways
Greater self-awareness will strengthen your leadership capabilities so that you can identify your emotional strengths and areas for development.
Within this leadership course, you will discover how the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) can be used in leadership. You will gain a different perspective of yourself as a leader in relation to your MBTI Personality Type. Personality preferences are investigated, discussed, and correlated with various leadership situations involving people. Additional, specific study methodologies and assessment techniques are shared so that you can build upon this, if you are interested in taking this further.
The course, also, covers emotional intelligence coaching and how to manage and resolve situations where conflict arises.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how work to more effectively with others as a leader. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is for you if you want to develop as a leader to improve the way that you interact with other people, the way that you make decisions and the way that you manage performance.
The course contains some challenging quizzes around real-life workplace leadership scenarios that will make you think. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course approved by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Your leadership cannot be developed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. The practical activities have been carefully designed to help you to do this. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
The course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant. Feedback is always welcome. Please watch the preview lecture on Giving and Receiving Feedback in Leadership.
The course contains a series of Lightbulb Moments resource cards, which have been created to provide you with handy reminders of key points around topics covered within the course.
All PDFs can be completed online and are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos are High Definition recorded in 1080p.
All videos have grammatically correct English captions.
Latest update - November 2022
Who this course is for:
- This Emotional Intelligence course is designed for anyone in a leadership position in an organisation who is interested in improving the emotional climate
- You will be responsible for leading and managing groups of people to achieve outcomes and enhance performance
- This course will not be of interest to you if you manage processes and tasks with little focus on the people involved
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 40 years' business and commercial experience. I provide knowledge and skills that help people understand themselves and others better.
I have the most comprehensive range of on-line courses based on emotional intelligence in business - not only on Udemy but anywhere on the internet. I am not teaching any other types of course as I am a specialist in emotional intelligence and it is the focus of my business.
My courses go beyond the fundamental basics of emotional intelligence covering many aspects of how it can be applied in day to day work to lead, grow and develop people in ways that build authentic relationships.
My work takes me into small start-ups through to large corporate multi-nationals and into the Public Sector with financial institutions, government departments and health departments, as well as charities. This provides me a practical understanding of how emotional intelligence works and applied in the real world, enabling me to keep up to date with relevant issues.
I'm a registered practitioner with the British Psychological Society and an active member of the NW committee of the Association for Business Psychology.
My company is Ei4Change (Emotional Intelligence 4 Change) - recognised nationally and internationally as specialists with expertise in training, personal development and coaching focusing on emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience in the workplace. Our emotional intelligence programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Over the last few years, I have delivered workshops at global emotional intelligence and neuroscience conferences. These have been held at Harvard University, at University of Manchester, in Cape Town, the Middle East and India.
I am the author of
- The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience: Strategies to weather storms and manage stress in the workplace (published May 2016)
- The Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business: How to build successful and powerful relationships (published November 2017)
Both are available on Amazon.
Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt. I am here to support and guide you.
The learning process I use on Udemy is designed to work with you and the challenges you are facing today and tomorrow. It is practice-driven, evidence-based and directly helps you to improve your capacity to change.
Many of my Udemy courses offer you the chance to win a valuable prize as you work through the course.
All learners gain access to additional resources to develop emotional intelligence outside of Udemy, including a free book, podcasts and subscription to a digital magazine - Ei-Matters.
I look forward to empowering your emotional management.