The Embroidered Brocade Qigong
What you'll learn
- In this course you will learn the seven exercises that make up the Embroidered Brocade.
- You will also learn about the proper stance and postures
- You will learn about Listening Jing and its role in Qigong..
- You will learn exactly where the focus (meridians and points) needs to be.
- No prior knowledge of Qigong required. This course is for all levels.
- By taking part in this course you agree to the terms and conditions. These can be found in the, preview enabled, Introduction lecture in Section 1 of the course.
Recent reviews: -
"Thank you for another incredible course. You are very generous sharing this knowledge with us. The teaching method is perfect - I'd say even the teachers presence is there while practicing along with the videos. All the best."
"Excellent instruction and pace. The pointers before each movement practice are great."
"A very well thought through and comprehensive course. It was very well explained."
"This is my second course on Udemy with Des and once again he delivers brilliant material. Really clear instruction with a level of detail that is great for beginners and more experienced Qi Gong practitioners alike. While I am hugely enjoying my Heaven and Earth practice, a recent injury to my lower back led me to this course and it is very good indeed. Audio and video top notch, and Des has a huge amount of knowledge. Previously I had a 1:1 Skype lesson with Des to check-in on my progress, which was even more helpful than the Udemy course alone, as it provded real-time feedback. Can't recommend this highly enough."
Welcome to the Embroidered Brocade Qigong course. I’m Des Lawton and I have over 30 of years experience in teaching Qigong. As well as teaching live classes I also teach Qigong online. See our website (Pro-holistic) for details.
The first thing I want to say is that I am passionate about Qigong because I know, through personal experience and practice, just how wonderful, powerful and beneficial Qigong is. However, I am NOT talking about the physical exercises that are currently being passed off as Qigong. I am talking about true Qigong. I am talking about working with Qi, with our life energy.
Qi is tangible. It does not need to be visualized. Within Dao Yin, Neidan, Neigong and Qigong (when the literal translation is used and adhered to):
· You lead and guide the Qi.
· You experience the Qi, tangibly.
· You use this, tangible, feedback to increase your skill.
· You use the, physical, movements as a means and not an end.
Although having similar names, the Embroidered Brocade and the Eight Pieces of Brocade (AKA the Ba Duan Jin) are two entirely different sets. The Embroidered Brocade is a set of seven Qigong exercises that were developed by Taiji masters to promote good health as well as the ability to root your weight and sink your Qi.
The numerous benefits of these exercises include: -
· Improving the ability to root physical body (the Po).
· Improving the ability to sink the Qi.
· Stimulating Qi flow in the Yin and Yang meridians of the legs.
· Stimulating Qi flow in the Arm Yin & Yang meridians.
· Opening Ming Men and Dazhui (Du Mai 14). AKA “Big Bone” this is the first thoracic vertebra, where the Qi can often get stuck.
· Bringing awareness of and building the skill of sinking the Qi while raising the Shen.
At the end of this course you will be able to all practice all seven exercises and then, through continued practice, you can increase your ability to root and sink while enhancing the quality and the flow of the Qi in your meridian system.
The course is structured in order to make sure that you have all the information you need, when you need it. It covers the basics like, the proper stances, Listening Jing, etc. Listening Jing is the passive awareness of Qi. It then moves on to the lessons and for each individual exercise there are two lessons. One is on the focus points that are necessary to make it a true Qigong exercise.
Please keep to that structure. Going directly to the exercise is not a shortcut. It will only cause misunderstanding and your progress will be hampered, even stopped before it gets a chance to start.
This is a terrific set of Qigong. It is the first set that I learned and I still practice them on a regular basis because they are so beneficial. Practice of the Embroidered Brocade set only takes between 20 to 30 minutes.
The, free preview, Introduction lesson explains the course in depth. The benefits of true Qigong are too good to miss. This may be your first Qigong. You may have many years of experience. Either way, please do not rush through the course.
Enjoy your Qigong journey!
Who this course is for:
- People who are keen to learn true Qigong. That is the Internal work, working with the Qi.
I have been practicing Qigong since 1985 and teaching, albeit starting at a very basic level, since 1989. In 1996, after three and a half years of study with the Glasgow School of Shiatsu, I qualified as a Registered Shiatsu Practitioner. My previous knowledge of Qigong really helped me with the Shiatsu and, equally, learning Traditional Chinese Medicine as part of the Shiatsu course served to increase my understanding of Qigong. In the late 1990s, it was my good fortune to have been, finally, accepted as an Inner Sanctum student by Master Joseph Bell ( a student and direct lineage descendant of Master Wang Jiu Mei).