The Drew Method Morning Routine
What you'll learn
- How to structure and organize your morning routine
- You will notice your ability to be more present in your daily moments
- You will go from feeling tired, sluggish, unaware, stressed and anxious to feeling ENERGIZED, FOCUSED, ALERT, AWARE, MORE MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY TOUGH.
- You will improve your focus, awareness, and ability to be less reactive to the challenges of the day
- You will improve your bodies mobility with natural movements
- You will started your day off with a challenge
- You will improve your focus, awareness, and aliveness
- You will re-engage with the natural world
- You will learn the skill of mindfully doing a normal daily task like brewing your coffee
- You will learn the skills to become fully present and alive to your day
- No required skills, simply a posture of learning and experiencing new and possibly challenging rituals.
The Drew Method Course is the morning routine that structures, organizes, and guides you into a better day. In this course, you will go from feeling tired, sluggish, unaware, stressed and anxious to feeling ENERGIZED, FOCUSED, ALERT, AWARE, CALMER, LESS REACTIVE, and MORE MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY TOUGH. Overall, you’ll experience a BETTER and more PRESENT morning.
The Drew Method uses 4 rituals to STRUCTURE and ORGANIZE your morning routine. The commitment takes approximately 20 to 40 minutes each day, and is spread out in week long modules over a 4 weeks period. The structure and organization allows for maximal learning and practice to internalize and create the necessary rhythms to make it a long-term habit that keeps offering its many benefits day after day.
Our bodies are meant to move, and we’ve become accustomed to moving very little, at least not in very natural ways. In fact, many of us get out of bed only to sit in a chair to eat, and then sit in a car to go to work, and then sit in another chair to work and so on. We are now moving less than ever.
The morning ritual meditation is a guided awareness exercise into being present in each moment. Mindfulness meditation is a way of being in the world. The goal is to have an awareness of your experience from moment to moment.
Ritual Cold Water Immersion
Cold water immersion may be the most challenging of the rituals, but also may provide the most immediate awakening effect, focus, awareness, and mental toughness.
Ritual Coffee Experience
The first 3 rituals are embodied, they are deeply physical. In ritual 4, you’ll bring those learned awareness skills to the task of coffee brewing. Coffee brewing offers a good opportunity to practice being fully present and aware in a mundane daily activity.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is stressed, depressed, or anxious.
- Anyone who is allowing life to pass them by while being unconscious and unaware to the moments in the day.
- For those who are tired and sluggish.
- For the person who is sick of dragging their ass out of bed only to drag through the day.
- For anyone sho lacks focus and drive.
- Who reacts poorly to situations in their day.
- This course is for anyone who wants to thrive each morning and be more aware of their life.
Drew is a teacher and guide. From public to Montessori to homeschooling. From barista to roaster and trainer to cafe owner.
But the doing, the action, the participating in the things of life are what make Drew alive. From home coffee roasting to exploring the effects of cold water on the body, he’d rather do it than hear about it.
That’s how The Drew Method came to be. Playing around with a variety of rituals in the morning led him to a tried and true practice. One that he could do on the best of days or the worst of days. It became his daily ritual and he’s sharing it in hopes that it’ll help others have a better morning too. It’s something he cares deeply about, and it is well within the grasp of anyone interested and willing to DO rather than simply learn about.
With a passion for the human experience and a desire to help others experience each day deeply, Drew offers this method with hope.
Level 2 Certified in MovNat, a natural movement physical training system, which trains in real-world movements such as crawling, jumping, balancing, swinging, and climbing over and under objects.
Trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Meditation has had a strong centering effect and continues to offer up the possibilities of living in each moment more fully. Living in the moment is the work of a lifetime.
Cold Water Immersion Experience
This love affair began as a hobby searching out beautiful lakes to explore and has morphed into a daily ritual. I have trained my body to plunge into the ice cold lakes of Snowdonia National Park in North Wales. No matter what my day is offering, I don’t miss the cold water immersion, whether it’s a lake dip or cold shower. It. Is. Life. Giving.
Coffee has been my life, my passion, my business. From barista to management, to roaster and owner. I appreciate coffee more than most beverages, and notice new features nearly each time I brew a cup.