The Creative Thinking Course
What you'll learn
- Access their innate creativity
- Develop their creativity
- Confidently answer the question, "Are you creative?"
- Approach challenges with more confidence
- Apply creative thinking skills to everyday challenges
- There is a workbook included in the course that you should download before viewing the first lesson.
Develop your creative problem solving skills, and your ability to help others to think more creatively.
We design, and deliver, innovation workshops that focus on important global challenges. Our workshops are based on the principles of Creative Problem Solving (CPS). CPS is the oldest, and best researched, of the deliberate creative problem solving processes. This course introduces you to the fundamental principles of creative behaviour, and teaches you the same methods we use when we are working with everyone from NASA, to the Government of New Zealand.
The course is designed around a few simple ideas:
- Everyone has the skill to think creatively
- You can enhance this skill through practice
- When you are developing a new skill, you need to start with the right level of difficulty. Enough so that it challenges you, but not so much that you become deflated.
- You will need to practice the skill for a few weeks before you really notice the difference. So, please don't try to rush through the course.
The course is taught through a combination of 19 short videos (maximum 10 minutes), and guided practice. It comes with a workbook that you can fill in along with the lesson videos. Each video introduces you to a new element of the creative thinking process, and we will encourage you to apply the lesson to your normal daily routine. The videos build on each other, so over the course of a few weeks you will have learned a lot, and practiced even more!
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for adults (ages 18+) interested in enhancing their creativity.
- For young adults (ages 12-18) interested in enhancing their creative thinking skills, search Udemy for The Creative Thinking Course for Children.
Knowinnovation facilitates scientific innovation around the world. Over the last decade the company's staff have work with organizations such as NASA, the National Science Foundation (NSF), Intel, Google, the United Nations, Procter & Gamble, and numerous universities around the world.
A big part of the organization's work is focused on developing the personal creativity of scientists, and managers. We firmly believe that everyone is creative - sometimes it just takes a little effort to bring that creativity to light!
Courses hosted by Knowinnovation are run by our crew of creative specialists, whose information can be found on our website.