The Crash-Course in Advanced Library Science
What you'll learn
- You’ll learn librarian hacks and tips not available anywhere else
- You'll learn the "No Reading" solution to using the library
- You’ll learn how to think and act like a librarian - using the skills of Library Science
- You'll learn to use the Library Science *singularity* to accelerate through the library
- You’ll learn library economy - how to save time, effort and money using the library
- You’ll learn to master the library in less than one night
- A positive attitude towards the library and an interest in making the most of it in your life
- A student mentality - be anxious and eager to learn
- Focus on the conversation - don't allow distractions to seep in
- Prepare for change - change is good - you will see and use the library differently - better - faster - easier - as a result of enrolling in and engaging this course
As of March 2020 - this is the only course - teaching you how to use the library - or what is referred to by librarians as “Library Science.” Prior to this course, the library has been missing from every online learning platform.
Yet it is the library that informs all our learning and knowledge. The library is how we learn. It’s from what we learn. Every school has a library from which to draw books, lessons and learning.
“The Crash-Course in Advanced Library Science”
Teaches you the most far-reaching, powerful ideas anywhere on how to use the library
Learn the fast - easy - better - "no reading" solution to getting the most out of the library
Save time and effort - while you maximize what you learn from books and everything library
Full of surprises and joys - take your library education to places you never thought possible!
"The Course on the Library - You've Been Waiting For!"
A refreshing and inspiring take on our timeless human treasure - the library
This curriculum truly advances the subject of Library Science for patrons of the library
You will learn concepts and practices not found anywhere else
These ideas are supported by proven real-world examples of their use
"A Course on the Library - Especially For You!"
For college students
For entrepreneurs and organizations
For lifelong learners
For patrons and lovers of the library
"Master the Library in Less Than One Night"
Learn how to use the library for today's challenging world
Take your first steps into Library Science
Learn to think and act like a librarian
Understand and apply the Library Science *singularity*
Continue to grow in your library education with regular updates to this curriculum
Including - applying your learning to the real-world with workshops in The Library Science Lab
"The Crash-Course in Advanced Library Science" will take you quickly through the methods, tools and techniques of how to use the library for faster, easier, and better results.
You will learn and be able to apply - new life-transforming library skills - by the end of the course.
You won't be disappointed.
Note: Non-English speaking students are encouraged to use captions in their native languages and to take notes while watching lectures.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone
- More specifically you will benefit if you love books, reading, and the library as a source of knowledge - if you are passionate about your lifelong learning - if you want to change the world - and if you want to use the power of knowledge and learning to make a better life for yourself
- This course is for people who live for that “better” in their life - call them “strivers” because they strive for better through life-long learning and the things of the library
- This course is for those looking to accelerate their access to the things of the library and make a difference in the world as a result
- This course is for college students - entrepreneurs - and lifelong learners
- This course is for everyone
My name is Mike Brlecic.
I’m just like you. I am a patron of the library.
And my use of the library throughout my life has led me to the subject of Library Science - the collection of methods used by librarians to make the library better - faster - easier - more fun and more practical and productive in the real world.
My years of study and learning - along with the lack of other courses on the library - encouraged me to set up this curriculum on Udemy.
I hope you enjoy it very much!
Thank you for your interest and support.