The Craft Behind Cinematic Storytelling
- No Software expertise is required
- Just a notepad and a pen to jot down points
- Passionate zeal to tell stories
Humans are wired for stories.
Throughout the ages storytelling has took many forms right from drawings on caves to statuses on Facebook.
Is there any craft behind telling an entertaining story? I would definitely say, yes.
Anyone can imagine, dream and write. But in order to streamline your ideas to tell a compelling story; understanding of the craft is must. It involves lot of craft elements like structure, setting, genre, scene building, character, characterization etc.
As Aristotle wisely said every story or character must have a problem, in order to solve his/her problem he/she needs to find some solution and solve it through action over the course of time. Our course exactly does that.
Enroll now to solve all of your story problems.
Who this course is for:
- Film Students
- Media/Mass Communication Students
- Writing Aspirants
- TV Production Students
- Studio Interns
- Bloggers - for writing effective blogs
- Entrepreneurs - for reaching out emotionally to the public
- Corporate Managers - for telling "BRAND" stories
- Anyone who is in the business of Storytelling
- This course is probably not for those who are looking for technical aspects of Cinematic Storytelling like operating the camera, learning editing software etc. That would be dealt in another course.
Kamal Sucharan Burri is a Filmmaker and Instructor. With the teaching experience for over 9 years, he is now pursuing Ph. D., on Storytelling Dynamics. He teaches Film production, TV production, and screenwriting as a Visiting Professor in various Universities and Colleges in India.
He is also the founding Director of Newlight Cinemas, a film Production Company dedicated to teaching and making cinema.
He staunchly believes that storytelling can change the world and always aims to do so.