The Constitution and American Government
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Demonstrate an understanding of what the Constitution says and how it outlines the structure of the our government. Students will also be able to speak with authority about the three branches of government and their responsibilities, the history of the U.S. leading up to the Constitution, and how the Bill of Rights protects your freedoms.
- An interest in learning more about the government of the United States, its history, and its Constitution
Let me ask you a questions.; When someone says the word government, what generally happens soon after?
In today’s political climate, it seems almost impossible to get accurate, unbiased information about the principles that formed our nation’s system of government without starting a fight.
This course will talk all about the creation of the constitution using actual quotes from the very men who wrote it. It’ll guide you through each part of the constitution article by article and explain to you how this document lays out the foundation for our government and its function. It will also go through each of the 27 amendments to the constitution, telling you all about how they affect you personally.
Think of this course like a grand tour of our nation and its most important places. During it you’ll visit the battlefields of the American Revolution, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, The Capitol, White House, and the Supreme Court, and to the National Archives where the Bill of Rights and amendments sit today.
This course was originally designed for teachers looking to pass their government requirements or for candidates for citizenship, but it's also great for students studying for the AP exam, and of course, anyone who wants to learn more about our nation and its history!
I hope you’ll consider taking this course, and also hope you enjoy taking it as much as I enjoyed making it. Thank you.
- Anyone who wants to know what the Constitution actually says and how it outlines how our government is supposed to work.
- People interested in their rights as protected by the Constitution.
- People studying for their citizenship test
- AP students looking for study material
- People who want to one-up that one guy at work who won't stop talking about politics.