The Complete WSL 2 Course for Web Development & Hacking
What you'll learn
- Build a lightning fast & reliable Programming / Web Development environment on Windows(10 & 11) using WSL 2!
- Become a more productive Ethical Hacker & Bug Bounty Hunter by leveraging the power of Linux on Windows
- You'll learn all the Linux Basics you'll ever need for Web Development & Ethical Hacking
- No more need for installing Virtual Machines or messing around with Virtual Box or VMware
- Install Ubuntu or Kali Linux on WSL 2 for Web Development or Ethical Hacking
- Set up a Custom Terminal using Windows Terminal
- Customize Windows Terminal to fit your needs
- Turbo-Charge your WSL 2 with ZSH and Custom Themes
- Speed up your Web Development and Hacking workflow with ZSH Autosuggestions and Syntax Highlighting
- Create your very own Web Development workflow with WSL 2 and create new projects in seconds!
- Fully integrate VSCode into WSL 2 for super-fast development
- Install Python3 & Pipenv on WSL 2
- Install Node, NPM and Node Version Management on WSL 2
- Configure GIT on WSL 2
- Increase your Productivity by using Windows PowerToys Fancy Zones
- Utilize WSL 2 for Ethical Hacking & Bug Bounties
- Install tools like MetaSploit or other popular Bug Bounty Tools.
- Access WSL 2 Folders from Windows and vice Versa
- There is no prior experience required in any of the mentioned fields. This is a Beginner Friendly course.
Welcome to the Complete WSL 2 Course for Web Development & Hacking
Web Developers and Hackers share very similar requirements when it comes to working with Linux. There are usually two camps: those who use macOS, and those who don't.
Those who don't use macOS usually end up being utterly confused by the vast landscape of Linux distributions out there and get tripped up by complicated setups of installing Linux as a Virtual Machine, or even worse, Dual-Booting Linux and Windows (Trust me, I have the most popular "How to install Kali Linux" videos on YouTube ;-) ).
I have been using those two setups over the past couple of years and I understand that people really struggle with the complicated nature of it. Since I have discovered WSL, and more recently, WSL 2, my workflow has completely changed and I haven't used a Virtual Machine in more than 1 1/2 years.
WSL 2 did not only make my workflow as a Web Developer and Ethical Hacker much more efficient, but it also saved me a lot of time in which I did not have to deal with exotic issues that arise when using complicated setups with Virtual Machines.
I also enjoy working with Linux much more again since using WSL 2, since it's so well integrated into Windows. Everyone who has tried my method did not look back so far. I have convinced Top-Level Bug Bounty Hunters and Web Developers to make the change and none of them has regretted it so far.
In this course, you will learn everything you need to know to get started with WSL 2. It doesn't matter if you are a Web Developer or an Ethical Hacker since the course has separated those two areas clearly. Most steps of working with WSL 2 are the same for both camps anyway.
I also included a complete 1+ hours long section called "Linux Primer", where I teach you all the fundamentals you need to work with Linux.
I am so confident that you will enjoy this course that I have provided a full 30-day-money-back guarantee so that you can purchase and try the course without any risk.
Thank you for your consideration, I hope to see you in Lecture 1!
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers
- Ethical Hackers
- Bug Bounty Hunters
- People who don't like using Virtual Machines or Bare Metal Linux
- Everyone who wants to increase their productivity working with Linux
- Everyone who wants to try out Linux with the least possible friction
my name is Stefan and I am a full-time Content Creator. I produce educational content revolving around Programming, Web Development, Cyber Security, and Linux, for over 8 years now.
I am also an officially pfSense Certified Instructor. I have been working with pfSense both, in my own business as well as in my company for several years.
In my time away from the computer I like to play games, teach Yoga, and spend a lot of time with my Family.
I love teaching people new stuff and I try to make complicated things easy, as the slogan of my website and YouTube channel proclaims.
Here at Udemy, I create the courses I wish to watch myself. Delivering high-quality content is my main priority.
Thank you for checking out my profile, I hope you find a course that interests you!