WordPress for Beginners: Create Your Own WordPress Website
What you'll learn
- Build your own beautiful website using WordPress.
- Design your WordPress website the way you imagine.
- Host and publish your website in an inexpensive and secure way.
- Customize your WordPress website for any purpose of yours - whether it's a blog, a portfolio to show off your work, or an e-commerce site to sell your products or services.
- You will know how to design pages, menus, sidebars, footers, and create a professional and modern website.
- You will know how to find and install themes.
- You will know how to find and install plugins.
- You will know how to back up your WordPress website in case of emergency.
- You will know how to get your website found by search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- You will know how to set up email opt-in forms throughout your website.
- You will know how to increase social sharing of your posts and pages with free plugins.
- You will know how to set up comments and contact pages, while blocking spam.
- You will know how to speed up your website with caching plugins.
- You will know how to make your website secure and protected from hackers.
- You will know how to set up a membership and / or e-commerce site.
- And if there is anything you don't learn from the course and want to learn, you can always ask the instructor Phil for help!
- You don't need any experience with Wordpress or with building a website.
- You will need a working computer and a modern browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- You will need internet access to watch the lessons online, or can download them on your computer for playback.
- You don't need any experience with programming languages like HTML or CSS.
- You don't need to purchase hosting or pay for anything to follow along and practice building a website yourself. I'll show you in the course how to practice building a WordPress website for free.
You're here because you want to create your own WordPress websites, right?
This WordPress for Beginners course is the perfect place to start. This complete WordPress course is designed for beginners like you who have never built a WordPress website (or any website for that matter).
WordPress is the perfect tool for creating a fully customized website for any purpose. Whether you want to create a blog, a personal portfolio, or a business website to sell your products and services, you can do it with WordPress.
While WordPress might seem scary from the outside, once you get started, it's fairly intuitive. Everything from hosting to installing a theme, then actually building your first pages can be learned in the first few lessons of this course.
With this WordPress course, you don't need to actually pay for hosting to practice with WordPress. I'll show you how to create a free temporary site so you can follow along.
Why learn WordPress from me?
I've been building WordPress websites for years. Just like you, there was a time when I was a complete newbie! I was honestly scared of starting a WordPress website because it seemed so daunting.
Now I love WordPress! I wouldn't recommend using any other web-building tool.
I still remember what it is like to be a beginner, and I've kept that in mind while creating this entire course. I walk you through every process step-by-step to make sure you understand things clearly. And if there is ever anything that is confusing, just let me know and I'll create more lessons that explain or walk you through myself.
WORDPRESS COURSE CONTENT:
Build your own beautiful website using WordPress.
Design your WordPress website the way you imagine.
Customize your WordPress website for any purpose of yours - whether it's a blog, a portfolio to show off your work, or an e-commerce site to sell your products or services.
Host and publish your website in an inexpensive and secure way.
Design pages, menus, sidebars, footers, and create a professional and modern website.
Find and install themes.
Find and install plugins.
Back up your WordPress website in case of emergency.
Get your website found by search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Set up email opt-in forms throughout your website.
Increase social sharing of your posts and pages with free plugins.
Set up comments and contact pages, while blocking spam.
Speed up your website with caching plugins.
Make your website secure and protected from hackers.
Set up a membership and / or e-commerce site.
DESIGN A WORDPRESS WEBSITE THAT WORKS FOR YOU:
No matter what your goal is with your WordPress website, I want to make sure you're able to achieve those goals. That's what I promise to help you out with.
WORDPRESS PLUGINS YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
Google Analytics Dashboard
All in One SEO Pack
Google XML Sitemaps
W3 Total Cache
WP Super Cache
Share by SumoMe
Floating Social Icons
Contact Form 7
Fast Secure Contact Forms
Who is this WordPress course for?
This course is for anyone brand new to creating WordPress websites. If you have never built a website before, great. If you've built a website on another platform like Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, or others, that's fine too. This course is not for people trying to learn to code a custom Website. In this course, we'll learn how to use the thousands of themes and plugins already out there to design our own custom websites.
With our 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, there's no reason to hesitate. Enroll now, try it out, and see if you like the course!
I can't wait to help you build your own WordPress website!
Who this course is for:
- You are someone who wants to build a website for your business, hobby, or personal life.
- You want a website that can be fully customized, but done so easily.
- You want someone to walk you through the entire process of creating a WordPress website from the very beginning to publishing.
- You also want help designing a website that works, that is modern, and the viewers will love.
- You are NOT someone who wants to build your own custom WordPress themes (this is not a WordPress development course)
great courses for beginners
I'll teach you the skills necessary to stand out from the crowd. Whether it’s a personal passion or a business pursuit, you can learn video, photography, art, design, marketing skills and more here.
learn by doing
Step-by-step tutorials and project-based learning.
One-on-one support from experts that truly want to help you.
don’t stress. have fun.
more about phil
My professional background is in video production and editing. I graduated from Loyola Marymount University's School of Film and Television in 2011. Since then, I've worked on thousands of projects that have appeared in movie theaters, film festivals, television and online.
Today, I create all kinds of things from photographs that can be seen on my Instagram to homemade sourdough bread that feeds my family. Who knows where life will take me. But I know wherever I am, I'll be creating.
Since 2012, I've been creating online courses that over two million students from around the world have taken. Course topics include everything from photography and video to design and business courses. If I can't teach it , I collaborate with other experts who share their skills with absolute beginners.
I can't wait to see you in class!
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Video School exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific skill from photography and video to art, design and business.
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new skills!
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
All courses have a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check it out, make sure it’s the right course for you, and get a refund if it’s not!