The complete walkthrough of Azure App services (PaaS)
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 21 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Gain understanding of different components of Azure app service such as web/mobile/API apps
- Able to create app service plan, app service environments
- Able to create, deploy & manage web, mobile & API apps
- Able to configure custom domains, SSL bindings and securing Apps
- Be able to use Visual Studio and basic understanding of web application and APIs
Microsoft Azure is the fastest growing cloud platform in the world. One of the key building blocks of Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service offerings ( PaaS ) is Azure App Service. This course is designed to help you to build strong foundation & provide hands-on demonstrations in creation and management of different aspects of Azure App Services.
This course covers azure App Service skills required for Microsoft Azure certification exams AZ-101, AZ-200.
This course has been designed with an architectural approach. Firstly, I will take you through fundamental building blocks of Azure app services and after this introduction, I will take you through following aspects related to Azure app services.
1. App service plan and App service environment - Introduction to App service plan & App service environment, Creation of app service plan and web app using Azure portal, publishing application into Azure web app using visual studio, creation of app service environment.
2. Configuration of App services - Configuration of application settings using portal and Visual studio, configure custom domain for your Azure web app, introduction to content delivery network and create of a CDN endpoint for your Azure web app.
3. Deployment of apps - Introduction to app deployment options, deploying code into Azure web app using FTP, Content synchronisation using OneDrive and local git, Continuous delivery using VSTS, Introduction to deployment slots, configuration of test and production deployment slots and swap slots.
4. Mobile apps - Introduction to mobile app, create and deploy mobile app, add offline sync to mobile app, introduction to azure notification hub, push notification using Azure notification hub.
5. API Apps - Introduction to Azure API apps and API management, Creation of an API apps and publishing an API into the same using visual studio, use Swagger API metadata to generate client code for an API app, Creation of API management and walkthrough of key features, Publishing the Azure API app into API management developer portal.
6. Delivering Hybrid Solution/Applications Connectivity - Introduction to Hybrid solution/application connectivity, Establish & test P2S connectivity between App Service and Vnet, Introduction to App service environment network connectivity, Introduction to Hybrid connections, establish hybrid connection and test the connection.
7. App service scaling and availability - Introduction to Azure app service backup and scaling, scale up of App service & Scale out of App service based on schedule, Backup and restore your app in Azure, Traffic manager overview, Controlling Azure App Service traffic & availability with Azure Traffic Manager.
8. Security - App service security overview, enable authentication with Azure active directory for web application, configure an SSL Certificate on an Azure App Service, Use Azure MSI to access other Azure AD-protected resources, Use application gateway web application firewall to protect web app
9. Monitoring- Azure app service monitoring overview, Monitor Apps in Azure app service, Application Insights overview, Monitor Azure web app performance using Application Insights, Remote debug your Azure App Service Web App.
This course contains both theory lectures and a significant number of hands-on demos that helps you in gaining hands-on experience in Azure App services.
Microsoft Azure is a constantly evolving platform and I will be keep close watch on Azure announcements and add new labs wherever possible.
So, start taking this course and put yourself in high demand in the world of IT and command higher salary!!!
- Applications, APIs and mobile developers
- Application architects
- Azure Platform as a Service consultants
- Students taking Microsoft azure certifications
By the end of this lecture, you will know what this course covers and how each section of the course is structured.
By the end of this lecture, you will understand what is app service plan, different pricing tiers and web apps.
By the end of this lecture, you will know different ways to configure your azure app service.
By the end of this lecture, you will be able to deploy web content and code using OneDrive and local git repository.
By the end of this lab demo, you will be able to create a mobile backend service in Azure, download a template mobile app from Azure portal and test the same.
By the end of this lecture, you will know about API apps and API management and different capabilities of the same.
By the end of this lecture, you will be able to create an API app using Azure portal, create an API using visual studio and publish into Azure api app and enable swagger UI for the same. You will also able to view swagger metadata.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to establish P2S VPN between app service and Virtual network and also test the connection
By the end of this lab demo, you will be able to take app service and restore the same
By the end of this lecture, you will understand different security features of Azure app service.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to remotely debug the web app or API app hosted in Azure using visual studio.