All Levels SQL Bootcamp 2023 - Learn MySQL - MySQL Database
What you'll learn
- How to write MySQL queries for Data Analysis
- How to query multiple tables using different types of joins
- How to use MySQL Workbench
- Actually practice writing SQL by solving challenges throughout the course
- Write subqueries and use window functions
- Aggregate data using GROUP BY
- Learn the different set operators
- Obtain a knowledge of SQL, and MySQL, allowing you to apply for jobs in the IT sector.
- Create and update database objects such as tables
- Master unique tips and case studies that you won't find anywhere else
- No prior experience is required. We will start from the very basics
Learn how to write accurate and efficient SQL like a professional!
In this course, you will learn how to both read and write complex SQL queries in a relational database (MySQL). The skills you will learn are also largely applicable to any other major database system, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, SQL Server, and much more.
Knowing how to write SQL is one of the fastest ways to reach your career goals. This is because SQL is consistently one of the most in-demand skill in the tech and business sectors. People who can work with data and manipulate it efficiently will be in high demand for many years to come. SQL allows you to be independent at work. It gives you the freedom to immediately get the answers to the questions you want to ask.
SQL can seem simple at first, but it can quickly become complicated. It is common for people to a write SQL query without realizing they are getting an incorrect result returned. This course is designed with a focus on accuracy and understanding.
You will learn how to avoid the common mistakes people make when writing SQL. Not only that.. but you will get a visual guide to the SQL language by seeing how queries work step-by-step. This is a complete course which covers all the core skills you need to master the SQL language.
I believe that the best way to learn SQL is by writing lots of SQL. For that reason, this course includes over 80 coding challenges where you get to write SQL queries and create database objects such as tables and stored procedures. These challenges are based on real-world scenarios and are designed for optimal understanding.
In this course you will learn everything you need to master SQL! Including:
· Get started with MySQL Database and MySQL workbench, two of the world's most popular SQL tools
· Learn how to do data analysis and data analytics using SQL. Including advanced query techniques
· Start by learning the fundamentals of the relational model and the SQL language
· Analyzing data using aggregate functions with the GROUP BY command
· Writing advanced queries with string and date functions
· Learn to use logical operators to add logic flow to your SQL queries
· Learn how to write both self-contained and correlated sub queries.
· Learn how to do calculations across partitioned rows using window functions.
· Learn how to join data by using the different types of JOIN commands
· Learn how to do more advanced joins such as joining more than two tables and joining on multiple columns
· Learn to create tables and integrity constraints
· How to update, insert and delete data
· Learn about transactions in MySQL
· Learn to write advanced SQL such as stored procedures, window functions, and common table expressions
· Understand and Apply Database Design - Learn how to structure your data correctly in a relational database. This section includes data normalization up to and including Boyce-Codd Normal Form
· and much, much more!
This course is one that puts you in control, where you get to write SQL throughout the course, instead of watching someone else code. Build your skill level with fresh challenges, modeled after real-world tasks and situations.
Other Course Benefits:
- The SQL code in the course is written beforehand. This is in contrast to code-along courses where a lot of time is spent watching someone else type code. In other words, this course values your time!
- Business-centered content: I teach you how SQL is being used for business intelligence and data analytics.
- Exclusive topics: This course covers topics that are difficult to find elsewhere. This allows you get to gain all the skills of a SQL professional.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in becoming a SQL Developer, Database Administrator, Business Analyst, or Business Intelligence specialist
- Beginners to programming
- People who have written SQL in the past but want a refresher or want to learn more
Hi, my name is Daniel. I currently live in New Zealand and I work as a Spatial Analyst in the local government sector. I have a passion for data and over the years have become an expert in SQL and relational databases. I enjoy teaching others and I hope you enjoy my courses.