The Complete SQL Course 2022 - Learn by Doing - SQL Server
What you'll learn
- How to write accurate SQL queries against a database
- Use SQL to perform data analysis
- Learn to perform GROUP BY Statements
- Learn how to join multiple tables - including complex joins
- Learn how to use window functions, correlated subqueries, set operators, CTEs and much more
- Best practices in SQL
- Replicate real-world situations and query reports
- How to create tables, views and stored procedures
- How to make your queries run faster by making them sargable
- Be comfortable putting SQL and SQL Server on your resume
- You will need to have a Windows-based computer to download and run Microsoft SQL Server.
- This course is suitable for everyone who has a desire to learn and advance in their career. No prior SQL knowledge is needed.
Learn how to write effective and accurate SQL with this course!
You will learn how to read and write complex SQL queries in a relational database (SQL Server). The skills you will learn are also largely applicable to any other major database system, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, and much more.
Knowing how to write SQL is one of the fastest ways to reach your career goals. This is because SQL is consistently the most in-demand skills in the tech sector. SQL can seem simple at first but it can quickly become complicated. It is common for people to a write SQL query without realizing they are getting an incorrect result returned. This course is designed with a focus on accuracy and understanding. You will learn how to avoid the common mistakes people make when writing SQL. Not only that.. but you will get a visual guide to the SQL language by seeing how queries work step-by-step. This is a complete course which covers all the core skills you need to master the SQL language.
I believe that the best way to learn SQL is by writing lots of SQL. For that reason, this course includes over 80 coding challenges where you get to write SQL queries and create database objects. These challenges are based on real-world scenarios and are designed for optimal understanding.
In this course you will learn everything you need to master SQL! Including:
Get started with SQL Server and SSMS, two of the world's most popular SQL tools
How to install SQL Server on Windows and Mac-OS computers
Note: that Mac users will need to use Azure Data Studio rather than SSMS
Learn how to do data analysis and data analytics using SQL. Including advanced query techniques
Start by learning the fundamentals of the relational model and SQL language
Analyzing data using aggregate functions with the GROUP BY command
Writing advanced queries with string and date functions
Learn to use logical operators to add logic flow to your SQL queries
Learn how to write both self-contained and correlated sub queries
Learn how to join data by using the different types of JOIN commands
Learn how to do more advanced joins such as joining more than two tables and joining on multiple columns
Learn to create tables and integrity constraints
How to update, insert and delete data
How to create indexes
How to make your queries run faster by making them SARGable
Learn to write advanced SQL such as stored procedures, window functions, and common table expressions
Bonus section on Database Design - includes data normalization up to and including Boyce-Codd Normal Form.
and much, much more!
This course is one that puts you in control. Where you get to write SQL throughout the course, instead of watching someone else code. Every section comes with fresh challenges, modeled after real-world tasks and situations.
This comprehensive course allows you to learn at your own pace through an interactive environment. You will start with the basics and soon find yourself writing advanced SQL queries.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning SQL or data analysis!
- Those who are interested in working with SQL Server. This course uses Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL (Microsoft SQL) variant of the SQL language.
- If you work in: marketing, finance, local government, accounting, operations, sales, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, or any other industry/function that collects data
- Someone who wants to learn skills that give them the potential to earn a high salary and have a rewarding career
Hi, my name is Daniel. I currently live in New Zealand and I work as a Spatial Analyst in the local government sector. I have a passion for data and over the years have become an expert in SQL and relational databases. I enjoy teaching others and I hope you enjoy my courses.