Python & Django REST API Bootcamp - Build A Python Web API
What you'll learn
- How to build a Backend REST API with Python and Django Rest Framework
- How to setup a local development server for developing Django applications
- How to implement advanced features such as uploading media files and background tasks into the Django API
- How to deploy a Django application into a production environment using Google Cloud and Heroku
- Hands on experience applying best practice principles to create a stable and secure RESTful API
- How to use Postman for API Testing
- Basic knowledge of programming and building simple applications
- Familiarity with Python 3
- macOS, Linux or Windows machine
- Comfortable using command line tools (Terminal/Command Prompt)
Do you want to build a complete Python RESTful API that is not only secure and stable but also deployed to a production ready environment ready to serve thousands of users? If Yes! Then this is the course for you!
WHAT WILL WE BE BUILDING?
In this course, we’ll use the best in Python and Django Rest Framework to build a complete REST API from scratch to deployment called Taskly that you can consume with any frontend framework of your choice.
WHAT CONCEPTS ARE COVERED?
JWT and OAUTH-2 Based Authentication
Support for Filtering and Text Based Searching
Create, Read, Update, Delete Functionality
Protecting and Permissioning Routes
Defining Custom Permissions For Users
Uploading and Sharing Of Media Files
PostgresSQL and SQLite Databases alongside Django ORM
Throttling and Pagination Support
Deploying Django REST API to a Production Environment (Heroku)
Use Google Cloud Storage as Media Storage Solution (CDN).
Use Postman for testing REST API.
Tons of Practical, Straightforward and Repeatable App-Building Patterns
And much more!
WHAT ELSE DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
– Deep, Fine-Grained Learning – This course is jam-packed with information. I made the course that I most wanted to take and as a result, I didn't skimp on the details. You're going to cover more topics and material in greater depth than ever before.
– 100% Real-World Practice – My goal is to get you writing code as much as possible. And not just any code–we'll be working exclusively on practical tasks that are instrumental in building your own amazing real-world apps.
– No-Nonsense, Spot-On Explanations - Every lesson is to-the-point. I break down what we're making, how we'll be doing it and what the final product will look like, all on top of helpful and illustrative descriptions to aid your understanding along the way.
I really enjoyed making this course and I think you’ll enjoy taking it just as much.
Looking forward to seeing you within the course!
Who this course is for:
Python and web developers looking to build impressive real-world, production-ready RESTful API’s using Python and Django Rest Framework!
Python developers looking for a challenge
Developers looking to delve into the world of backend development.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python Developer eager to learn REST API development
- Web Developers looking to learn Python REST API development
Hi! I'm Hussain. I have a degree in Computer Science and yes I am a bit of a tech geek.
I started programming at the age of 13, and coding soon proved to be a lucrative hobby in terms of the creative and financial freedom it provides, and that's why I decided to pursue a degree in CS. I love everything tech and it is this that inspires me to teach other's programming.
You wouldn't believe the freedom that being a developer offers. Sign up and find out for yourself why so many people are taking and recommending my courses. I genuinely believe they are the best on the market and if you don't agree, I'll happily refund your money.
Sign up to my courses and join me in this amazing adventure today.