Complete PHP Object Oriented Programming (OOP) tutorial
What you'll learn
- All PHP Object Oriented Programming concepts explained inside this course
- At least 2 or 3 simple and meaningful examples for each concept ( included 77 examples from scratch ! )
- All large companies use OOP - You will be able to answer interview questions
- Once you understand the basics, which are the hardest till you get used to it, you will be able to dive into larger projects
- Basic familiarity with PHP syntax and procedural programming
- Installed PHP on your operating system. It can be Windows, LINUX or MacOS
- Available a free Text Editor like: Notepad++, Sublime Text, VisualStudio Code
Hello there !
Are you struggling to learn PHP Object Oriented Programming like I was some years ago?
Are you desperate because there are very few books or complete video tutorials with all the core concepts of Object Oriented Programming?
Well now you are in the right place because after my research I have collected from books and several online tutorials all the basic concepts for you and tried to explain them using at least 2 or 3 simple and meaningful examples for each one.
What will be taught:
constructors & destructors
public & private access modifiers
inheritance & protected access modifiers
abstract classes & abstract methods
static methods & static properties
The way to learn these concepts is not only by practicing but also by making your own examples for each one.
So if you follow me step by step you will achieve that and you will be able to explain these OOP concepts using your own examples if needed in a job interview.
In that way you will gradually make a transition from procedural to object oriented world and you will have the opportunity to understand and get involved to bigger projects. In addition you will be able to write modular and reusable code with less effort and understand why Object Oriented Programming is so useful.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who want to become senior backend web developers. I know that learning PHP OOP basics is always hard in the beginning because it demands a mind shift from procedural world. But this course will guide you step by step through this process !
My name is Alexandros Gkouvelis.
I am a self-taught passionate front end and back end web developer since 2009 and have worked for several tech companies.
My previous occupation for almost 13 years was a professor of Mathematics and Physics and I had had hundred of glad students.
I am a postgraduate student of Applied Mathematics And Physics Science in National Technical University of Athens in Greece.
And now I am here with my experience as a teacher and as a web developer to guide you through my courses so as to gain new skills and advance your careers.